1/6-scale guns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InebriatedGnome

Super Freak
Reaction score
I figured this would be the right place to go for some really quality 1/6 gun advice. I want to pick up some rifles, pistols and heavy weapons for my kitbashes, and would prefer high-quality stuff with solid plastic, accurate paint (preferably with some detailed weathering) and interesting gimmicks. What are your favourite weapons, and where can I find them? So far the GI Joe Weapon Tech line from Hasbro looks pretty good, but I haven't seen enough close-up pictures and I don't know of any reviews out there.

Monkey Depot
Cotswold
Black Ops Toys

I order from all three from time to time. Gotta do your homework on weapons though cause some parted out weapons are awesome...others not so much.

Monkey Depot
Cotswold
Black Ops Toys

I order from all three from time to time. Gotta do your homework on weapons though cause some parted out weapons are awesome...others not so much.

Thank you! I just spent the last three hours 'doing my homework' at Monkey Depot and Black Ops Toys :wink1:

Ended up going with a ZY Toys short-barrel MGL, the shotgun for VTS Toys' Darkzone Agent plus some shells, and the VSK-94 sniper from KGB Hobby. All look pretty well-reviewed; the ZY is a little told but still looks like the best 1/6-scale MGL out there. Looking forward to displaying these with my figures!

I'm still on the lookout for some high-quality pistols, particularly revolvers, so if anyone has suggestions I'm open to them. The DAM Gangsters Kingdom line actually seems to have some very cool ones--I'm going to hunt down a pair of the revolvers that came with Billy, and might preorder the upcoming Ron Perlman for the guns as well.

DML and Sideshow did some nice revolvers as well as standard weapons. Detective Chow comes with a nice snub nose revolver and belt holster. Gonna have to do a search on ebay for some of these as they're from older figures.

DML's Patton has a nice "six-gun" with pearl handles that's perfect for Wild Bill.

If you want just the guns from the Ron Pearlman fig, wait till someone parts him out. They most likely will at Monkey Depot or Toy Anxiety.

John

Back