Looking for a display cabinet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

facemelter

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Anyone here have any recommendations besides buying a cabinet from IKEA? The closest IKEA to me is about a 2.5 hour (one way) drive. To order a Detolf online it costs about $200. I did find this on ebay and Wayfair for the same $200 price. It's the same height and depth as a Detolf but 7-8" wider.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192049730195?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Maybe you got something from Amazon or Walmart i skipped over in my search?...

Similar issue with ikea, turned out there were guys advertising online who do monthly trips and for a small fee, would take orders pick up, and deliver whatever you need...... maybe worth a shot, detolfs are a steal.

Ever consider building your own?

Real basic would be a few slats of pine and some acrylic. Make to your own specs and as fancy as you like.

Ever consider building your own?

Real basic would be a few slats of pine and some acrylic. Make to your own specs and as fancy as you like.

I have thought about it. I may have to look at Lowe's to see how much materials would cost. A quick glance on their site and it is looking like acrylic is not that cheap. A 3x6' piece, which I could split in half for doors is about $70. I will have to weigh my options. I figured someone else may have another option besides IKEA stuff.

I have a similar problem, I currently have 4 detolfs and a billy case with the morliden doors but I want to replace it, the billy has no depth to it. A friend told me to stop by gamestop and have a look at their cabinet, the store guy had no info anyone have any ideas?
Resized_20170213_131740.jpeg

I have a similar problem, I currently have 4 detolfs and a billy case with the morliden doors but I want to replace it, the billy has no depth to it. A friend told me to stop by gamestop and have a look at their cabinet, the store guy had no info anyone have any ideas?
View attachment 323559

That looks pretty good. I'm interested in something like this too..

Back