Netflix Animated Castlevania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>Warren Ellis as the writer.
>GoT style.
>Belmonts v Dracula: Eastern Europe
>30-Min. Eps.

I'm getting Spawn HBO Flashbacks, and that's a good thing. I've never played the classic games due to them being before my time, but I liked the rebooted series. That, plus all the info makes me say...

giphy.gif

If the animation is good and if it feels Eastern European like classic games then I'm in.
"Bloodlines" was the last good game in the series.

"[The series is] going to be R-rated as ******,"

"This is very much Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones,"

"America's first animated series for adults."

"Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and Young Justice were among the series inspiring the Castlevania series' art design."

im-ready-game-of-thrones-gif1.gif

Funny, just last night I watched all the Angry Video Game Nerd videos covering (more or less) the history of Castlevania. One of my favorite game franchises since I was 7 or 8 years old. Been awhile. . .

The "Akira, GITS and Young Justice" part worries me a lot tho.
If it looks like anime or if the animation is as simplistic as YJ or AEMH... I won't see it.

Wow! Great news! I loved the early games as a kid. I couldn't get into more recent ones but am glad to see this "universe" is getting some attention besides the games themselves!

I just read the article and saw this comment:

"this is going to be the best ********g video game adaptation we've had to date."

Low bar to cross. . . :lol

Thank god Paul WS Anderson never got his hands on the movie project he wanted to do.

Castlevania? Sure why not. Take Metal Gear and make a Japanese anime while you're at it. Just don't touch Silent Hill.

As I'm playing through SH1 right now, I think a SH series (or something themed toward SH) could be something great, with the right director.

I'm really loving Stranger Things, by the way.

It sounds promising. Man, there are so many things to keep track of these days that I want to watch. I need to start the Voltron series, Justice League Dark, now this.

Back