Hey guys, new user here and need advice on an ebay transaction for a t800....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futurecop

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
So I bought a terminator 1 battle damaged t800 from a guy on ebay, he has great feedback etc and seemed above board. I ordered and paid on Sunday morning. That afternoon I received feedback saying 'great buyer etc etc'. I've since heard nothing at all, I've messaged a couple of times and not had any reply, both on ebay and via gmail. There is no dispatch or paid confirmation from his side either. Getting a little nervous, what do you guys think? It was a fair bit of money so i'm hoping I can get it back if the worst case scenario were to be true (ie he doesn't send me anything).

I appreciate that they are based in Taiwan, yet they've now had plenty of time to respond, wondering if I should try to cancel?

Hope this is an ok forum to post this in, wasn't sure where else to ask....

Thanks in advance for any replies!

So I bought a terminator 1 battle damaged t800 from a guy on ebay, he has great feedback etc and seemed above board. I ordered and paid on Sunday morning. That afternoon I received feedback saying 'great buyer etc etc'. I've since heard nothing at all, I've messaged a couple of times and not had any reply, both on ebay and via gmail. There is no dispatch or paid confirmation from his side either. Getting a little nervous, what do you guys think? It was a fair bit of money so i'm hoping I can get it back if the worst case scenario were to be true (ie he doesn't send me anything).

I appreciate that they are based in Taiwan, yet they've now had plenty of time to respond, wondering if I should try to cancel?

Hope this is an ok forum to post this in, wasn't sure where else to ask....

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Sounds like you're fine, don't sweat it.

Some users only ship on certain days to save themselves some trips to the post. Usually they would inform you of that though.

What does the auction say for shipping? There should be a "Ships in X days" part.

Don't worry though, worst case you will get your money back.

Here's my experience buying Hot Toys/stuff from Taiwan. Sometimes they update immediately, sometimes they take a few days because they only ship on certain days of the week because they ship SOOOO much stuff. Give it a few more days before you do anything, then see if it's marked as shipped with a tracking number. Also be aware that Honk Kong tracking and China Post aren't updated as easily as USPS tracking. I ordered a figure and it was shipped from China. It updated on Jan 27 as arriving in US Customs. From that point on, nothing changed. No further updates, nothing. It was delivered on Feb 6. Then the tracking updated to show delivered. So, there's that. Also, shipping can take quite a while from overseas. Expect it to take some time. If you paid with PayPal, then you're golden. Nothing to worry about, as your covered. It will just take time before you can open a case, but PayPal response times are lightning fast.
Ryan

Here's my experience buying Hot Toys/stuff from Taiwan. Sometimes they update immediately, sometimes they take a few days because they only ship on certain days of the week because they ship SOOOO much stuff. Give it a few more days before you do anything, then see if it's marked as shipped with a tracking number. Also be aware that Honk Kong tracking and China Post aren't updated as easily as USPS tracking. I ordered a figure and it was shipped from China. It updated on Jan 27 as arriving in US Customs. From that point on, nothing changed. No further updates, nothing. It was delivered on Feb 6. Then the tracking updated to show delivered. So, there's that. Also, shipping can take quite a while from overseas. Expect it to take some time. If you paid with PayPal, then you're golden. Nothing to worry about, as your covered. It will just take time before you can open a case, but PayPal response times are lightning fast.
Ryan

In Canada I've been able to plug the tracking number into Canada Post's website and get domestic tracking. Might be worth trying with USPS next time.

Thanks for the replies guys, just had a confirmation of dispatch on eBay thankfully, sorry to have made this thread was just unsure after this amount of time, glad its normal though! Cheers again!!

Back