Problems with Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
I only have a few High End Collectibles donning Black outfits, but they have this common problem that dust are very obvious on them, and it's very difficult to remove every bit of dust on them, even if they are kept dust free, dust bound to catch on to them when you handle them unless you sanitized your hands and work in a sanitized room.

the biggest problems are those with rough surfaces as dust seems to stick onto them, and dusters don't work on these, especially suede like soft surfaces.

the only way i manage to keep them clean is using small pieces of blutac to stick the dust off, however this also makes some fabric fuzzy as they get pulled by the blutacs. i have tried using duster, damped cloth, the most effective way is still blutacs and keep them in dust free cabinets. those rollers aren't really effective on 1/6 clothings and vacuum is too strong and will damage the clothings. every with washed hands fiber tend to get onto your fingers when you dry with cloths, unless you have a hand dryer at home or patient enough to let the hands dry naturally chances are dust will stick onto the clothes again when you hold it. even with gloves, there's still some fibers unless it's a fresh pack.

I found out the other day that when water gets on items, they become wet.

hmm, that is a great finding.

may i know what kind of item did you experiment it on? fabric? paper? rubber? plastic or Metal?

i'm still looking for metal that wets.

Back