1/6 Star Ace Christopher Lee Dracula review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
As promised, I'm working on an all sixth scale week, and none of the three figures is from the same company...and none are from Hot Toys! That's pretty amazing...

Tonight's review is covering the Count Dracula from 'Scars of Dracula', as portrayed by the amazing Christopher Lee. This guy is a bit of a mixed bag, but in the end I was more pleased than displeased. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-020817a.htm

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_dracscars_3.jpg

Excellent review, I'd love to pick this up eventually, I just need to save up a bit.
I hope Star Ace does a Cushing as Van Helsing in the near future to go along with this.

Well, he's not without his faults - but if you can get past the price, you should be pretty happy. I think I just might pick up some dullcote this week and give it a try. It can't be that difficult, right? Famous last words...

If you do I recommend masking the eye openings with silly putty or low tack masking tape to prevent the dullcote from dulling the gloss of the eyes. Also watch some youtube videos before to pick up some tips.

I think phicen is doing this figure as well they are doing horror greats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about Christopher Lee/Dracula, but I know Phicen have a Vincent Price figure due sometime soon.

I put my order for this in, but just missed out on the first batch.

If you do I recommend masking the eye openings with silly putty or low tack masking tape to prevent the dullcote from dulling the gloss of the eyes. Also watch some youtube videos before to pick up some tips.

Veedios? Veedios? I don't need no stinkin' veedios! Hehehehe, yea, that's a good suggestion...

As soon as I opened the box I was wowed by both sculpts (both 100% Christopher Lee according to Celebs.LikeMe :lol ).

Then I noticed the grease paint, and thought that was a bit odd. However, on display I don't notice it any more.

He's one those figures that feels good to have.

Maybe it's less noticeable depending on the lighting. Some shots of the figure look a bit sweaty, others less so.

Where did you get yours already for the review Mr. Crawford? EE is still "pre-order" status,lol.

I do have to correct you on one point Mr. Crawford. Mr. Lee never turned into a bat in the Hammer film series. He controlled bats in Scars of Dracula, and bats were prevalent in Brides of Dracula (sans Lee). It was established in Horror of Dracula that Hammer's version of Dracula could not morph into night creatures. This was done for budgetary reasons more than anything else.

Greta pics and made me decide to pull the trigger fer sure.

Star Ace sent it along.

Ah, you're right...it blended together with Lugosi poofing in a cloud of smoke into a bat and flying away. My bad!

I live to serve. All of us who are aging have to help one another's memories from eroding,lol. I guess I will pre-order from Entertainment Earth since you got yours straight from the source and not a local shop,lol. "The blade is very sharp."~ Count Dracula

Got mine from Sideshow today. Either they've fixed the paint issue or we have very different takes. (Always possible.) To my eye the sheen is very slight and very lifelike. Nixed my plan to apply Mr Super Clear Flat UV Cut.

And to think I almost didn't order. The likeness is astounding in hand. Partly it's the nose, as Michael says, and partly it's the cheekbones. But WOW is all I can say. He's here. Yaaaargh!!!!

Could have been just the first batch that had the glossy looking skin. I've ordered mine, i'm now waiting for the seller to receive their second batch.

:impatient:

Got mine from Sideshow today. Either they've fixed the paint issue or we have very different takes. (Always possible.) To my eye the sheen is very slight and very lifelike. Nixed my plan to apply Mr Super Clear Flat UV Cut.

And to think I almost didn't order. The likeness is astounding in hand. Partly it's the nose, as Michael says, and partly it's the cheekbones. But WOW is all I can say. He's here. Yaaaargh!!!!

Same for me, but I suspect the gloss is emphasized in pictures. I've compared him to Victor from Underworld, and the shine is similar.

Michael...will you be reviewing the Executive Replicas Vincent Price 1/6 figure? I always find your reviews interesting, and the pictures are almost always supremely impressive.

I've had Drac for almost a week now, I love it, yet a few issues bother me, inaccuracies rather...

-The lack of a ruby on the cravat
-The most annoying one, the lack of a collar on the cape, that's just unacceptable.
-The ugly, anachronistic shoes
-Only one hand with the signet ring.. Now I have to try and make one that is removable.

Otherwise, great figure.

You know...I honetly don't know about the cape. I know Lee have various capes from film to film. I will have to watch it. Weird. As for the crevat....a faux pearl stick pin and some red Tamiya clear will fix that. Cost about $3. Easy fix and not nearly as troubling as the closed mouth not featuring lee's lower teeth as opposed to the uppers. Im just glad that a. Someone produced it and B. I could afford it with as many other trinkets as I have bought lately.

What I meant was that I didn't see a collar on the cape in stills from that film. That the collar you see is the jacket collar.

Yeah, I realized what you meant afterwards, but, in Scars, and in all the others I think, he had a collar. I watched scars two days ago to be sure and three more just after. The only one where the cape was different, and still, had a collar, was Horror of Dracula which had a black lining. Never mind, terrific figure anyway!

Back