Ebates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cokebabies

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is probably the most appropriate forum to put this in, though unfortunately isn't as trafficked as others, it seems.

But I definitely recommend signing up for Ebates, and installing the browser extension.

The popular shops on here - SSC, BBTS, etc aren't on there. But stores you might occasionally buy a pricier item might be.

For example, calendars.com had the Neca Donatello recently, and Ebates gives you 7.5% cash back. That's like $8 right back to your Paypal account.

Thinkgeek has 3.5%, and eBay sometimes has 1% or so back.

It won't change the world for you, but it's definitely something to consider - not even just for our collection industry. It's a legit useful thing to use. I signed up in like October and have gotten about $300 back.

There's no referral link or anything in here, so I'm not being shady, just hopefully informative.

My woman signed up for it. There is a add on in our google chrome. I use it when getting something from ebay or others that honor it. Not sure how much we get back, it goes to her.

I use them all the time too, and sometimes they made just a good deal great and pushes me into buying when I might not have. It definitely helps. I should be on one of their commercials, I have more back then most of the people they advertise!:lol

Yup, it's a cashback site.
I've clocked up over £600 in 5 years.

Nice, I can't believe more people don't use them. I have gotten back over $1700 in about the same timeframe, with a $250 check that should be coming in the next few days hopefully from Christmas shopping!

Nice, I can't believe more people don't use them. I have gotten back over $1700 in about the same timeframe, with a $250 check that should be coming in the next few days hopefully from Christmas shopping!

I always knew about the site, and then got bombarded with commercials on the Baby First TV channel in the past year or so. I looked into it, and the Firefox (or whatever browser) toolbar makes it passive as hell.

Nothing like randomly going to a site and seeing a pop up like "This site offers 12% cash back" and thinking, "Let's see what's up."

Dell.com had 8 or 9% back during Black Friday and Christmastime. I got a TV, a monitor, and a computer for my parents. Combine that with the sales they had going on, and I got like $160 back and $250 in Dell credit.

I always knew about the site, and then got bombarded with commercials on the Baby First TV channel in the past year or so. I looked into it, and the Firefox (or whatever browser) toolbar makes it passive as hell.

Nothing like randomly going to a site and seeing a pop up like "This site offers 12% cash back" and thinking, "Let's see what's up."

Dell.com had 8 or 9% back during Black Friday and Christmastime. I got a TV, a monitor, and a computer for my parents. Combine that with the sales they had going on, and I got like $160 back and $250 in Dell credit.
I did Bing Cashback before ebates, they did a crazy 25% back on Dell right before the program ended in 2010 and I got ~$750 back on a monster Alienware that I still use. Some of the CB sites exclude PCs now though.

I did Bing Cashback before ebates, they did a crazy 25% back on Dell right before the program ended in 2010 and I got ~$750 back on a monster Alienware that I still use. Some of the CB sites exclude PCs now though.

Oh yeah, Bing Cashback back in what - 2008? It was insanity. Between the Bing Dell stuff and Best Buy's Watchmen promo codes, I eventually myself a free 360 for buying three games and a controller.

Oh yeah, Bing Cashback back in what - 2008? It was insanity. Between the Bing Dell stuff and Best Buy's Watchmen promo codes, I eventually myself a free 360 for buying three games and a controller.

08-09 and I think it was done in 10 or right before I believe. There were tons of good deals, but the stuff near the end was the best I did with it. eBates is more of a slow building process, though a couple have been pretty good amounts for a single purchase.

I use ebates as well and got a 62.00 check this month (had a few referrals in there). Any online shopping goes through them first.

I had no idea about ebates, so thanks to everyone on this thread, especially OP!

I've racked up $905.51 from Ebates, $232.98 from Mrrebates, and $175.25 from Topcashback. There were a few others I used over the years, but these are the 3 I still actively use, depending on who has the highest percentage.

Back