All-Time BEST 1/6th Figure so far

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So the Polls are done, the decision has been made... but who do you think is the BEST 1/6th scale figure ever produced to this point (Feb 2017)?

To be clear: NOT your favorite character, but the figure you believe looks most like its 1/1 scale counterpart...

I'm rearranging shelves so this question became apparent. For me, as of today...

Best overall figure:
DX Nicholson Joker

It's just the creepiest and most excellent little 'man' I have on the shelf.

Runners up:
2. DX Jack Sparrow
3. DX T2 T-800 Terminator (Battle Damaged)

For me it's DX Ledger Joker, DX Jack Sparrow and Tama 3PO, all tied for first place.

This is like choosing between children but I probably have to go with....

Battle Damaged Robocop...when you see pictures, good or bad, they all look like movie stills and on my shelf I feel like I am literally looking at a real person!

Love my DX08 but he is on the next shelf over and all eyes gravitate to Murphy in my collectibles room.

First Runner Up:

Blitzway: Carlito's Way

Second Runner Up:

Hot Toys: DX11...the laughing head sculpt is something else...I have actually never displayed him with the other head sculpt.

I would say, if a 1/6th's movie figure's true goal is to best represent its corresponding character, than that would be "best"...

You both make good points but my Hot Toys Maleficent arguably looks more like the source material than anything else that I have but it would definitely not be the "best" figure in my opinion.

DX 11 Joker and DX Jack Sparrow. From a time when HT gave two ****s about their customers and innovation.

Looking forward to seeing the new Jack.

Not surprised to see the love for Jack Sparrow. He's one of the best mix-media figures there is, no doubt.

Really a shame HT stopped making DXs... they do seem to take the coveted slots even though they are several years old.

I sold off my DX Sparrow a long time ago but that's my vote. HT absolutely nailed it.

I would say, if a 1/6th's movie figure's true goal is to best represent its corresponding character, than that would be "best"...

Now, now...no need to be sassy just because there are several different ways of defining what constitutes the "best" in 1/6 collecting :)

Battle Damaged Robocop, no real tells to call it out as a toy, no sculpted hair, easily passes for the real deal in good photography

Mines not the best but you get the point

31314007871_e915c0e051_b.jpg

Last edited:
Now, now...no need to be sassy just because there are several different ways of defining what constitutes the "best" in 1/6 collecting :)

:D

Not being sassy, but I did define in my 1st post what my intentions were for this little thread -- specifically because I know this is a subjective question -- and I also know how hard it is for some people here to admit that their 'favorite' figure is not necessarily the 'best' figure (so they like to re-define).

I never even owned DX Jack Sparrow but I look it up from time to time just to see how well it looks. I wish they'd released the original smiling sculpt though but Depp refused it.

Yeah, I'd forgotten how great that figure is until I had to unpack him and get him back on the shelf. He really is spectacular.

But that said, you guys with the Nicholson Joker know how amazing the tailoring is on that purple suit, with the mixed materials (silk orange shirt against the velvety purple coat) and the pattern details... HT even got the belly right (something they don't even bother with now, as Ben Kenobi is evidence).

Back