Big Chief Thunderbirds & Captain Scarlet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this yet. Apologies if I missed it in my forum search. I actually have only passing interest in these properties, but man the recent look at Spring Toy Fair looks so cool. From my understanding, they are meant to be replicas of the puppets they used in these series.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Captain Scarlet

Literally throwing money at my screen. Will buy that no matter the price tag attached.

Yeah, of all of them Captain Scarlet is the one I'd throw some money at. I just don't think I can spread my 1/6 money out any more to something new. But man-oh-man the box art, too, looks amazing on both. But CS is seriously tempting.

Wow!!!!!!
I am in awe of Captain Scarlet. Saw the tiny pic yesterday. This clear one is already saved .
I really have wanted a good CS figure. I'd get a range but be happy to just own Scarlet.

Never been a fan of Gerry Anderson's shows. I appreciate their popularity and artistry, as well as their pop culture significance, but they just never clicked with me for whatever reason. Still, for those who are fans these look great.

I actually happen to know quite a few hardcore 'fandersons' myself and I'm guessing they'll probably flip for these things. Should (hopefully) be another successful property for Big Chief.

The Tracy boys look nice but Captain Scarlet looks fantastic and was my favorite show filmed in "Supermarionation". Captain Black would be a nice addition to the line if it goes that far, and maybe Destiny Angel. I loved this show.

It might be time for me to upgrade :D

4237281579_c1c9108c8b_b.jpg

Years ago (when I was collecting 12" GIJoes) I found this old Pedigree Captain Scarlet without clothes at a Toy show in Pennsylvania for $5.
He had red marker on him which went away when I used Clearasil on him and put him in sunlight.
I then added a more modern outfit (which I believe was from Vivid Imaginations).

The BCS Captain Scarlet looks great other than the the boots which I am sure are a WIP. Great job BCS!

I'll have to make him a alley diorama to complete some of the greatest opening credits in Television history.

Yes!!! :yess:

This month BC are putting Captain Scarlet up for preorder .
For me, my most wanted 1:6 figure, ever. Seriously.
I am not bothered for a range of spectrum personel ,as this figure will be the centerpiece to my entire collection.

I am really really excited for this.

I fail to put into words how hyped and excited I am to see Captain Scarlet.I hope he comes with his SPV power pack,helmet and a head with the expression he pulls as he's falling from the London Car Vu.They said we'll get a Captain Black too if he sells well enough.These are golden times for figure collectors and fans of the greatest children's Television ever created.

I'm hoping BC use that backdrop image in the same way as they do the TARDIS console rooms for their Doctor Who figures.

Completely agreed on that. Captain Scarlet at that quality is an absolute Grail.

One of my fondest memories of my childhood.

We are more insane to pay it .... but hey, it's Captain Scarlet!!!!!
My order went in on day one, or maybe dat two: depends on when my dad got my email, but it's bought n paid for. I may never learn when it comes to BC: I've now got 8 figures bought n paid for, going back like 18 months!! Haha

Still, I was very excited to have this guy on the list.

Back