Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nexus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Coming in December. We'll probably start seeing promo shots soon and the first trailer in March.
Like, Leia, Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo Ren.

I'm guessing we'll see 8 straight weeks of stormtroopers before a single figure with a face is revealed.

Ghost Luke.
Light Side Ben.
Dark Side Rey...

...& Lando Calrissian.

:)

I hope they surprise us, make this movie completely about Chewbacca and Rey, a scandalous love story and their adventures in the millennium falcon.

New Stormtrooper
Raintrooper
Baftrooper

New Kylo Master
Rey Padawan

Poe + Finn love couple set

Phasma post-crush armor (stills does nothing in this movie either)

BB8
R2
C-3PO

Master Skywalker
Snoke

A crap ton of troopers and 4 human characters. Kylo with have a human sculpt for this release.

That is all.

New Stormtrooper
Raintrooper
Baftrooper

New Kylo Master
Rey Padawan

Poe + Finn love couple set

Phasma post-crush armor (stills does nothing in this movie either)

BB8
R2
C-3PO

Master Skywalker
Snoke

Baftrooper made me crack up!

- Rey (however many versions)
- Luke
- Finn
- Poe
- Kylo
- many variations of troopers

If they make a Leia, I'm going to guess it'll probably be a later release. I'm going to be more inclined to say they won't make a Chewie, being that there will be no Han.

HT needs to treat this like these like their Marvel movies and produce all the main characters. Poe was woefully absent from TFA, and Hux and Maz should have been produced. RO has still not shown Cassian, Krennic or Tarkin, although I'm still holding out hope. I think they will produce Leia and possibly Snoke. In addition to the returning cast there's whatever roles are being played by Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern.

I hope they surprise us, make this movie completely about Chewbacca and Rey, a scandalous love story and their adventures in the millennium falcon.

Lol at this. I remember watching the Mark Wahlberg's planet of the apes in the theatre. I think almost everyone made the "I'm going to throw up" gagging face when he kissed the female ape. I imagine this would be much worst. Although the promo shots potential would be endless.

As much as I love stormies, I'm hoping they don't add too many new variants.

New variant stormies
General Hux
Knights of Ren
New kylo
New Rey
New Finn
Poe in x-wing gear
Snoke
Leia

Apart from the obvious ones I'm hoping for Poe (finally!) in space suit, a Rebel space trooper, force ghost Yoda, Shana Kenobi and flash back Palpatine. No interest in the outfit Rey wears for her trial but I want the Jedi style one we saw on the blurred hallmark photo.

I just hope HT have expanded their team for all this Star Wars goodness. From here on in it'll be constant overlap of HT figure releases and movies.

giphy.gif

Kylo, Rey, Luke, troopers and any Asian with a minor part will get made.

I hope they surprise us, make this movie completely about Chewbacca and Rey.

I was actually thinking it would be kind of cool if they did something else with Chewy's look for this outing. Maybe he could lose an eye and have to wear an eyepatch or have a cyborg arm. We've basically been seeing the same Wookie for 40 years so might be time to mix it up a bit. At least HT could justify another figure out of it.

Ghost Luke.
Light Side Ben.
Dark Side Rey...
...& Lando Calrissian.

:)
There might be a force ghost Luke and force ghost Leia (if the estate agrees) at the end of Ep IX. The would be doubly poignant.
I personally want to see Kylo stay Dark throughout. His acts, like Vader's, are irredeemable IMO. I would like to see Rey briefly go over to the dark side in IX or at least skirt the edge. Maybe Finn pulls her back over to the light side, depending on how their relationship plays out.
They still need to produce an ESB Lando. I would like to see Billy Dee reprise the role for Ep VIII or IX. Doesn't need to be anything big, but even a hideaway on Bespin. It would have been nice to at least have gotten a reference in Ep VII.

I'm guessing we'll see 8 straight weeks of stormtroopers before a single figure with a face is revealed.

I'm hoping they redesign the ducktrooper helmet. Once the reference was made I just couldn't unsee. I'd also like to see some kind of scout trooper on updated speeders. I doubt Johnson will go with the color troopers. Those were cool, but talk about a repaint cash grab.

Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I'd also like it if they had different Stormtroopers in Ep8. There's no chance of it though, as Ep8 picks up right where Ep 7 ended. So i'd say it's more duck troopers.

I guess that bodes well to get other characters from Hot Toys !

Back