Sideshow Beetlejuice review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing another all sixth scale week - didn't I just do one of those? What makes this unique - and exciting - is that all three figures are from three different companies. And none is Hot Toys! It speaks volumes about the market right now.

Up first is the Sideshow Beetlejuice, and I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed. You can find out the reasons why right here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-020617a.htm

or you can find the review with the rest at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_ssbj_10.jpg

Nice review Michael. The paint is tricky because as a production paint goes, its pretty good for Sideshow but at the same time is makes the expression really bad which I attribute to the design. So its good and bad.

Bit the bullet and ordered one. Used some RP's. Found enough good in it to take the chance. Not at $240, but brought it down enough to not feel dirty.
Watch, Crazy Toys will now put one out at $50.:banghead

I was really on the fence about ordering this one since I love the character but this review puts to words all the reasons that made me hold off. Extra accessories like the rolled up long arms and I would be more likely. Or if he straight up came with the tombstone for that price, he'd likely sell out for them without taking up space for long in their warehouse.

This head and expression would have been a great exclusive... people could have lived without it, but it'd be a fun change of pace. But, to be the only head it's a real shame.

Very fair review, Michael. I jumped on this as it's one of my favorite films growing up and am afraid we will not see another licensed figure of BJ for many years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back