Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoody999

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking that this new Han Solo movie has the potential for some seriously cool aliens. When you think of the dodgy places that Han and Chewie would be hanging out in.

We've got to get some cool alien 1/6 figures from Hot Toys. Who knows, maybe they will re-use some of the characters from Rogue One. Like Moroff etc as background characters ? Would make sense.

Also considering the main character group is relatively small. Han, Lando, Chewie and Woody Harrelson character potentially means some aliens might get a shot from Hot Toys this time.

Wondering people's thoughts on this and main picks for Star Wars aliens they'd like to see.

Bar pic.jpg

Re: Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Han Solo Action Figures

I bet we get some versions of stormtroopers instead.

'young' Han in Stormtrooper armor... :p

Not seeing HT offering any alien from that Han Solo movie unless it's front and center. Only alien pretty much given is another Chewy.

Aside from Chewie, what "alien" figures have Hot Toys released from the Star Wars universe?...

(The sarlacc pit from the deluxe Boba Fett doesn't count...) :wink1:

You're right F&F. Which is a real disappointment from Hot Toys side. Such a wasted opportunity !

I would have thought an alien would be on a difficulty level between human and trooper.

Depends which alien though I guess.

Sideshow did a few aliens back in the day I think. I remember seeing hammerhead somewhere.

In no way is this thread overly premature.

Good point Darkseed.

Consider Yoda a Hot Toys test run for future aliens :panic:

I think we'd be lucky if we got more than young Han Solo and young Chewie :lol

Since they haven't made Lando yet it would be a travesty if we got the Glover version first.

They might make Woody Harrelson and Khaleesi for the chance of making those actors sculpts. :dunno

Well I guess "old" Lando would come out with the ESB line, which must be starting this year. With Dagobah Yoda, plus who knows what else ??

Then next year bring out the young Lando version. They did it with Luke and Han (but in reverse of course).

Just theorising.....

Biggest issue for me would be the actors playing Lando and Han in this film are not the iconic BDW and HF.

So I will watch the film but not be dropping £200+ on a figure when I already have the iconic Ford as young solo.

I just want Lando Bespin and Skiff Guard asap!

I think we'd be lucky if we got more than young Han Solo and young Chewie :lol

Since they haven't made Lando yet it would be a travesty if we got the Glover version first.

They might make Woody Harrelson and Khaleesi for the chance of making those actors sculpts. :dunno

That would be ridiculous. And If this happens, HT might just be burned to the ground.

Biggest issue for me would be the actors playing Lando and Han in this film are not the iconic BDW and HF.

So I will watch the film but not be dropping £200+ on a figure when I already have the iconic Ford as young solo.

I just want Lando Bespin and Skiff Guard asap!

Yeah, and I just saw "Hail Ceasar" (starring same actor playing Solo in the new movie) and I didn't love him in that. I guess there's the white shirt and black vest to ensure you know who it is, but he also doesn't look a whole lot like HF.

Surprised they didn't go with the actor who played a young HF in "Age of Adaline" - while he was only in a couple of shorter scenes, he gave a decent performance but more to the point it was positively eerie how much he looked EXACTLY like HF in his 20's and even matched his mannerisms.

And yeah, the fact HT hasn't done an ESB Lando is really bad. Lando was always one of my favorites from ESB and he's one of the characters I liked even more as an adult than I did as a kid.

Yeah, and I just saw "Hail Ceasar" (starring same actor playing Solo in the new movie) and I didn't love him in that. I guess there's the white shirt and black vest to ensure you know who it is, but he also doesn't look a whole lot like HF.

Surprised they didn't go with the actor who played a young HF in "Age of Adaline" - while he was only in a couple of shorter scenes, he gave a decent performance but more to the point it was positively eerie how much he looked EXACTLY like HF in his 20's and even matched his mannerisms.

And yeah, the fact HT hasn't done an ESB Lando is really bad. Lando was always one of my favorites from ESB and he's one of the characters I liked even more as an adult than I did as a kid.

I've always thought the same about that actor. It was uncanny and really made the concept of the movie believable. My wife MADE me watch it, for the record! :wink1:

I've always thought the same about that actor. It was uncanny and really made the concept of the movie believable. My wife MADE me watch it, for the record! :wink1:

Not a great movie at all (the first half of the movie is a total snore, then it gets REALLY interesting, but they had no idea what to do with the story and it just kind of peters out) but that young HF guy makes the movie essential viewing for all SW and Indy fans - it's surreal to watch a 100% convincing young HF. Also great to see the making-of doc on the blu-ray where HF meets the actor who plays him.

Not a great movie at all (the first half of the movie is a total snore, then it gets REALLY interesting, but they had no idea what to do with the story and it just kind of peters out) but that young HF guy makes the movie essential viewing for all SW and Indy fans - it's surreal to watch a 100% convincing young HF. Also great to see the making-of doc on the blu-ray where HF meets the actor who plays him.

It really boggles my mind why that actor wasn't chosen to play Han Solo. I'm halfway boycotting the Han Solo movie on account of the chosen actor looking nothing like Harrison Ford. Hopefully it gets delayed due to character likeness lol. :panic:

If Disney had cast the Age of Adaline guy I'd be very tempted to accept the HS prequel as canon. Now it'll be easier to just sit back and enjoy it as a full reboot without being concerned as to how well it fits in with the OT.

It really boggles my mind why that actor wasn't chosen to play Han Solo. I'm halfway boycotting the Han Solo movie on account of the chosen actor looking nothing like Harrison Ford. Hopefully it gets delayed due to character likeness lol. :panic:

The frustrating things was, he wasn't bad as an actor. He was actually a non-pro (they saw him on youtube - they made a doc short about how they found him) and could have been great with more work and a great director.

Alden Ehrenreich just really wasn't great in "Hail Caesar" and tonally, that performance probably has a bit of what they are going for in the Solo movie. I think they went with him because he's currently one of the rising stars Hollywood is watching (that often flame out after a few movies.) He would be great for a James Dean biopic however.

For those who haven't seen Adaline (and his performance channels HF, making it uncanny):

Resemblance-Uncanny.jpg

Back