Just bought my first toy! It's a miracle!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halbert

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hallelujah!

Been researching toys for almost a year now, but never pulled the trigger for some reason.

But finally, FINALLY, I pulled the trigger! :clap

My first purchase is officially a Hot Toys 1989 DX14 The Joker Mime Version :clap

I really wanted the DX08, but figured let me save the cash on my first purchase and go with the Mime.

Found a seller on ebay selling for $145 (doesn't have shipper or original box). Combine this with the $15 dollar off coupon from ebay AND 16 bucks from ebay bucks, I paid a total of a whopping $113 for it!

Couldn't be happier. Sorry for bragging, but I just couldn't help myself.

Thank you for reading my annoying speel!

Hallelujah!

Been researching toys for almost a year now, but never pulled the trigger for some reason.

My first purchase is officially a Hot Toys 1989 DX14 The Joker Mime Version :clap

I really wanted the DX08, but figured let me save the cash on my first purchase and go with the Mime.

Found a seller on ebay selling for $145 (doesn't have shipper or original box). Combine this with the $15 dollar off coupon from ebay AND 16 bucks from ebay bucks, I paid a total of a whopping $113 for it!

Too funny! I was just upstairs in my modest collectibles room admiring this figure. I have him on a shelf with the DX08 and DX09. As amazing as the DX08 is I always find myself gravitating to the DX14! Awesome pick for a first figure! Congratulations!

Congrats on your first purchase, here's a guide that you might find useful

There is something about watching Hot Toy videos on YouTube that is hypnotizing. I literally can watch them for hours on end. The part that stuck out a lot was the 'get what you really want' part. Even though I got the DX14 over the one I really wanted, DX08, I am still pretty darn happy :)

That is a really great deal. Enjoy the hobby! It's addicting!

Thank a bunch! The part that feared me is becoming addicted. I'm already thinking about if I like this toy, it is only a matter of time until I get a DX08, but I think I will be okay with that. :banana

Too funny! I was just upstairs in my modest collectibles room and admiring this figure. I have him on a shelf with the DX08 and DX09. As amazing as the DX08 is I always find myself gravitating to the DX14! Awesome pick for a first figure! Congratulations!

That is very good to hear! I really enjoyed the Tim Burton Batman movies growing up as a kid. And Jack Nicholson, to me, is hands down the best Joker ever! Sounds like you have a fantastic collection of the Tim Burton Batman figures, I hope one day I can have those figures as well. :hi5:

Just bought my first toy!
known trolls just called our collectible action figures "toys", we spotted them easy.
but these are new. they buy figures and THEN call them toys! very dangerous. but outside they look like fellow collectors.

There is something about watching Hot Toy videos on YouTube that is hypnotizing. I literally can watch them for hours on end. The part that stuck out a lot was the 'get what you really want' part. Even though I got the DX14 over the one I really wanted, DX08, I am still pretty darn happy :)

After reading your post I thought of that video, hope it helps and enjoy the hobby:)

I too like watching reviews while waiting on a figure to arrive or deciding to get one, I do reviews on youtube, feel free to check out my channel, link is on the left under my avatar photo, its a mix of hot toys and many other toy lines.

It's easy to get excited over your first premium collectible, especially Hot Toys so congrats! My first was the DX09 Keaton Batman at launch day. Up till then I was avoiding HT since I know I'll loose myself on getting all of these figures but when they announced the Keaton Bats, I HAD to have him. :lol

Hallelujah!

First rule of thumb: People complain about first photos of a figure, but when in hand the figure looks much better.

Congrats on you first figure. I'm like 20 figures deep so I know how addicting it can be. I've been taking a break lately but in a couple of months, I'm gonna plan my next few figures. The key is to only get what you can afford and also importantly what you like. Don't let our opinions influence you too much. If one of us says something looks like ***** but you think it looks amazing, go with what you like :)

Congrats bro!!! Mine Joker is a fine piece to own and enjoy the hobby. I remember the feeling holding my 1st Hot Toys... it was magical. Just wait till you get him in.

Last edited:
200w.gif

After reading your post I thought of that video, hope it helps and enjoy the hobby:)

I too like watching reviews while waiting on a figure to arrive or deciding to get one, I do reviews on youtube, feel free to check out my channel, link is on the left under my avatar photo, its a mix of hot toys and many other toy lines.

Just checked out your channel. Amazing collection you have!! If I had to take a guess, I think you like the terminator :gun

It's easy to get excited over your first premium collectible, especially Hot Toys so congrats! My first was the DX09 Keaton Batman at launch day. Up till then I was avoiding HT since I know I'll loose myself on getting all of these figures but when they announced the Keaton Bats, I HAD to have him. :lol

I'm already thinking of the DX08 Joker and one of the Keaton Batmans. I might be in trouble :chug

First rule of thumb: People complain about first photos of a figure, but when in hand the figure looks much better.

People demand quality, I can't blame em!

Congrats on your purchase! Always thought that was a cool looking figure, despite its incredibly limited screen time.

Thank you! Can't go wrong with a Jack Nicholson Joker in my book!

Congrats on you first figure. I'm like 20 figures deep so I know how addicting it can be. I've been taking a break lately but in a couple of months, I'm gonna plan my next few figures. The key is to only get what you can afford and also importantly what you like. Don't let our opinions influence you too much. If one of us says something looks like ***** but you think it looks amazing, go with what you like :)

Thank you for the solid advice! Been reading a lot of threads, and a lot of people can have different opinions on the figures. But at the end of the day, it is whatever you like that you should get. I don't look at this hobby as an investment at all. So this thinking actually fits perfectly with this hobby. Don't stress on long term value, just get what you enjoy. Getting this figure for $113 certainly helps reduce the stress level of the money too! :rock2

Congrats bro!!! Mine Joker is a fine piece to own and enjoy the hobby. I remember the feeling holding my 1st Hot Toys... it was magical. Just wait till you get him in.

Thank you man! I really can't wait to get this bad boy in. Seller said in description he needs up to 5 weeks to ship.. So I gotta try and stay patient. :impatient: But it takes a while for HT to ship out too I think?

:borg

And thank you to everyone for the warm :welcome

gotta wait over a month to get the mime in.... not sure if I can wait.

that predator 2.0 elder looks so freaking sweet I might just get one :cuckoo:

Just got the mime in today, way ahead of schedule.

This being my first figure, I didn't know what to expect. Completely blown away how awesome this sculpt is in person. Not too many accessories, but everything just feels so darn good with this figure.

Couldn't be happier!

Back