Chronicle Collectibles 1/4 scale Thulsa Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#Brian

Super Freak
Reaction score
Paul previewed this on Facebook today.

Expected to go up for preorder first quarter.

We finally get a Doom!!!

Screenshot_2017-01-26-15-59-51.jpg

Yes, resin Quarter scale, cloth robe.
If they can't get JEJ likeness rights, they will do helmet only version.

Watch today's live chat on FB about 30 minutes in for all the details.

That doesn't make much sense. Make a 1/6 scale Conan but a 1/4 scale Thulsa Doom.

Their Conan statue is 1/4 just like this statue will be.

They do plan on making a 1/6 figure line later on, bUT this is statues, not figures.

It's all good. This was just announced.

And you are right, there will be 1/6 someday.

I hope they make a better companion piece Conan to go with this. I don't think the current Conans would look good with a thulsa doom.

Ssc's pf arnold conan would look great with it. Id love it of they created a conan similair to that one in 1/4 scale.

King conan and thulsa doom together...meh.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yes, resin Quarter scale, cloth robe.
If they can't get JEJ likeness rights, they will do helmet only version.

Given that it was an open faced helmet where you can clearly see the face inside of it, that plan doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

c4c7fcd5acf72d2e18369b05235f4070.jpg

While you can see a face I'm pretty sure you can argue that likeness rights don't matter since most of it is obscured. I'm not sure how those rights go but you prob don't either :p

Enough face is covered up, they don't need likeness rights.
Neca does it with Robocop, and Batman
Enterbay made a Robocop 3 that looked like Peter Weller evendors though he wasn't in that one.

With Robocop in those examples all you see is a mouth. Here you can clearly see the whole face, and all of the key likeness points (eyes, nose, jaw, and mouth) a bit of a line down the middle of his face, and his cheeks being covered doesn't obscure the fact that you can clearly see that is James Earl Jones. Put another way, if that was a stuntman wearing the helmet, shown front on, you'd be able to tell that it wasn't James Earl Jones under there.

Anyone thinking that to reproduce that accurately wouldn't require likeness rights is out of their mind. :)

Of course they can give him an entirely different face under the helmet if they so choose, but I'm not sure how well that would go down.

With Robocop in those examples all you see is a mouth. Here you can clearly see the whole face, and all of the key likeness points (eyes, nose, jaw, and mouth) a bit of a line down the middle of his face, and his cheeks being covered doesn't obscure the fact that you can clearly see that is James Earl Jones. Put another way, if that was a stuntman wearing the helmet, shown front on, you'd be able to tell that it wasn't James Earl Jones under there.

Anyone thinking that to reproduce that accurately wouldn't require likeness rights is out of their mind. :)

Of course they can give him an entirely different face under the helmet if they so choose, but I'm not sure how well that would go down.

I don't know, I can only guess, so I really shouldn't be debating this.... but to me it seems there is more face shown on Batman than on Thulsa Doom.
All Batman, not just the Keaton I show here. I don't think Rights are needed for those.
2017-01-30 18.44.11.jpg

Guess it depends on what is considered identifiable. If I looked at that Batman and didn't know it was Michael Keaton I'm not sure I could instantly identify him, but looking at Thulsa Doom I can clearly recognise that's a younger James Earl Jones, even if I hadn't seen the movie.

We just happen to disagree, I guess. And that's fine. Something for the lawyers to argue over, I suppose. :p

From today's livechat.they are going with the helmet on version so they don't have to mess with likeness rights according to Chronicle.
Paul also said he won't be holding the sword because he has his helmet off when he holds it. Logical to me.
I hope the sword is removable so it can be displayed with King Conan as well.
2017-03-02 15.12.07.jpg

Not agreeing with you fellows . With out the face its just any figure with a cape and a snake helmet . Must have a face that looks right

Wait, so what about that severed Doom head that was part of the 1/6 articulated figure line? Not going to do that then?

Back