OneSixthRoy's Toy Photography

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneSixthRoy

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi all! Only just started Photography as a way to compliment my different collections. And it really is a nice way to enjoy your figures even more! Still figuring out how all the buttons and functions on my Camera work, and how to work with different lighting but i'm getting better every single shot.

thanks for taking a look :)

Last edited:
Re: RoyVisser's Toy Photography

Here's what i've done so far.

When i just got the camera (beginning of this month) i just freehanded it in automatic mode, with some good results:

Hot_Toys_DC_Joker_01.jpg

Hot_Toys_Marvel_Iron_Man_MKXLIII_01.jpg

Hot_Toys_Star_Wars_Leia_01.jpg

Wanted to do more, so purchased a small portable fotostudio, but was still figuring out how all functions and lightning works to make the shots look great, han/chewie and obi wan pictures didnt turn out so good :(

Hot_Toys_Star_Wars_Han_Chewie_01.jpg

Hot_Toys_Star_Wars_Obi_Wan_Kenobi_01.jpg

Made some changes (longer shutter speed to make more use of my Tripod) and that made a big improvement to the Quality, got some more feeling about where to place the lighting and now i am really getting the results i want :)

Hot_Toys_Star_Wars_Kylo_Ren_01.jpg

Hot_Toys_Star_Wars_Rey_BB8_01.jpg

Hot_Toys_Star_Wars_Finn_01.jpg

Hot_Toys_Star_Wars_Finn_02.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Very well captured, my friend. It's all about the lighting!
May I ask what gear you shoot with?

I really like those Finn photos. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Very well captured, my friend. It's all about the lighting!
May I ask what gear you shoot with?

I use a Canon 80D with mostly the 50mm 1.8 lens, i bought a portable photostudio for $35 which with some minor tweaks is working great! To make setting up shots easier i also bought a tripod, which has been worth every penny. I spend alot of time seeking out the best camera for my use, and the 80D has been great so far, in the summer i'll be taking it to the racetracks to see if it will perform aswell as it does with the action figures. The 50mm lens also works perfectly for trying out all different manual settings, and together with a bunch of youtube tutorials i'm really getting a good feel for the camera and i'm beginning to get the results i aim for instead of lucky shots like the shot with The Joker.

Can you switch from white to black background with this portable thingy? I like your light too.

Yeah no problem, it comes with black/white/blue/red you can get it from a bunch of different brands but its all basicly the same kit.

This is a review/unpacking from one:

https://youtu.be/PvEqlp0D8jY

All i did was change the bulbs to led (less heat, build quality of the lights is not halogen proof) and iron the backgrounds. I'll make some pics of my setup next time i do a photoshoot :)

Busy with taking some pictures for the figure of the year photocontest. Tried to make a wavey cape with some metal wiring, but didnt came out the way i envisioned it. Took a picture before playing with the cape which i really like though :)

Hot_Toys_DC_Batman_BVS_01.jpg

That's a great photo :clap Bats looks amazing. I've seen some wiring mods that came out well but I like the unwired look most of the time :)

SideShow_Darth_Maul_01.jpg

Maul Photographs really well, unfortunatly he has a paint flaw in his right eye, so needed to photoshop him a bit :( Will be fixed soon though!

It has been a bit quiet here, but i'm starting to come back. Made a new instagram account with purely Toy Photography pictures. Still learning to use my camera, but i'm getting faster and better results (thats my personal opinion ofcourse ;))

some of my latest work:

Instagram_003_HT_SW_K2SO_02_V2.jpg

Instagram_005_HT_BTTF_Marty_McFly_02_V2.jpg

Instagram_006_HT_DC_Joker_SS_02.jpg

Instagram_007_Hot_Toys_Star_Wars_Kylo_Ren_04.jpg

Instagram_008_HT_SW_Boba_Fett_01.jpg

Instagram_009_HT_Marvel_Deadpool_01.jpg

Last edited:
Recent batch of Instagram posts :)

Instagram_011_HT_Marvel_Iron_Man_MKXLVI_01.jpg

Instagram_012_HT_DC_Joker_SS_04.jpg

Instagram_014_HT_Marvel_AM2_Spidey_01.jpg

Instagram_016_HT_Marvel_BlackWidow_01.jpg

Instagram_018_HT_Marvel_Captain_America_01.jpg

Instagram_019_HT_Marvel_Deadpool_04.jpg

Instagram_020_HT_SW_K2SO_03.jpg

Instagram_021_HT_SW_Jyn_01.jpg

Instagram_022_HT_DC_Joker_02.jpg

Instagram_023_HT_SW_Leia_03.jpg

Beginning to get a handle on all camera settings and produce more consistant shots. Hope to keep growing even more and after that it becomes time to get better at photoshop (y)

Back