1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
16174843_1403569963038323_5097986205811188891_n.jpg

I don't really care for another figure of Gal, but I would get a HT Chris Pine.

Well that was a given.

Hope she has a stern expression and Pine comes in a Green Lantern outfit.

*shrugs*

Wake me up when they make a Lynda Carter or something.

With this license, I 'wonder' how many will cancel theirBvS: DoJ version.

HT will probably just reuse the WW head sculpt anyway like they did with a lot of the Avengers figures. Same HS, tweaked outfit, special base, and a few accessories seems to be the norm for 2nd version figures. A new version may pop up with the Justice League film.

I'm expecting just Wonder Woman in her normal outfit. I think we'll be lucky if we get Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman in her Amazon outfit.

HT will probably just reuse the WW head sculpt anyway like they did with a lot of the Avengers figures. Same HS, tweaked outfit, special base, and a few accessories seems to be the norm for 2nd version figures. A new version may pop up with the Justice League film.

:exactly: I agree.

It's all about opinions but to me the Lynda Cater version looks like a beautiful American woman in a Halloween costume.

I find Gal much more convincing as the Amazonian warrior princess ready to do battle with the worst DC super villains. Her more exotic look and accent match the character well and no doubt owing to her military background she more than holds her own alongside Bats and Supes.

As I'm already getting the regular version from BVS I will probably skip that with this movie, though I may pickup the cloak on eBay if possible. The Amazon version would certainly tempt me depending on how the prototype looks. Steve Trevor and the villains maybe, depends how I like them in the movie.

With this license, I 'wonder' how many will cancel their BvS: DoJ version.

I didn't order because I knew this was coming.

I don't think so, I think with Gal Gadot we'll get the "Black Widow Effect" where they'll do a new headsculpt for each one (we've got BvS, WW and JL coming in a relatively short period of time) and then we'll get threads upon threads complaining about which is better.

I may cancel or return my BvS and wait for the update. It usually takes HT 2-3 goes to get the likenesses worked out. Will decide when in-hand pieces start showing up.

The problem with cancelling the BVS version would be that we should have that figure by the spring. I can't see anything being released from the WW movie before 2018 and then some will cancel those figures with the JL version just around the corner. :lol

Personally I'm far too intrigued by the BVS version, in terms of articulation, sculpt and just how cool she'll look stood next to Batman and Superman to cancel. If they do a regular version vastly superior from the WW movie, something i doubt will happen, we can always sell the BVS figure and upgrade. Alternatively buy the cloak and sculpt from the newer figure to use with the BVS body.

An Amazon version would be the most interesting thing they could do from this movie, it would likely be a one off. Doubt we'll see anything like that in Justice League.

I'm more interested in the gold armour WW than the official costume version because i know we will get so many versions of her over the next few years.

My purchase of her however will depend on the sculpt, they got that wrong on her BVS version so i passed, hopefully sculpts for the solo movie are better but with the solo film out in 6 months and no release of the BVS yet i wouldn't be surprised if they just recycle that crap sculpt.

The bigger issu imo is not the sculpt but the arm/shoulder articulation. Likely to be improved the 2 go around.

Wasn't this kind of axiomatic being that HT has the DCEU license?

This x1000.

No significant changes between the BvS and WW figures. Recycled sculpt with a new paint job, same body, different outfit, different base and accessories. My prognostication is that is that the significant changes happen with the JL figure.

Back