Custom 1:4 Superman Returns Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyG

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all.

Just a thread to show some initial WIP's on a 1:4 Superman Returns statue that I am commissioning.

So far, coming along very nicely. One more pass, and this portrait will be added to the rest of the sculpt. Full reveal coming soon.

16145756_10209269520148520_1135655289_o.jpg16129467_10209269520188521_237039116_o.jpg16145404_10209269520268523_1439439076_o.jpg16145616_10209269520308524_1769162147_o.jpg

nice! I love Superman Returns! can't wait to see the finished product.

I am excited to show it off... when the time comes. I have a lot of information to share that will highlight that this will be the most accurate Returns piece made. All very exciting.

Been, what seems like forever, since I began this project. But I'm finally at a place where I feel comfortable showing off the Superman sculpt.

Been a labor of love by many incredible, notable, high-profile sculptors, and consultants whom were passionate enough to take on this project. By virtue of those involved, this has turned into the most movie-accurate Superman Returns sculpt ever done (just wait for close ups). And I feel that this pose really captures the stoic, powerful Superman that Brandon Routh portrayed.

Base remains a WIP, but should be done and ready to be shown off in the coming weeks.

I will reveal those who were involved when this is finalized. Until then, please enjoy this photo... and forgive the colours.

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 11.39.46 AM.jpg

Awesome! haven't seen a really good head sculpt of Brandon Routh being made so far.

Awesome! haven't seen a really good head sculpt of Brandon Routh being made so far.

This was done by the exceptionally talented, Vimal Kirketta. He has mutant sculpting powers to create amazing likeness. He’s captured every detail, including moles. This will be an amazing sculpt.

Been far too long since I visited the Freaks boards, but wanted to stop in to show the final version of the Superman Returns piece. Enjoy!

amazing piece! thank you for sharing! I love that the statue shows how muscular Brandon Routh actually was for this movie that unfortunately wasn't really captured on screen.

amazing piece! thank you for sharing! I love that the statue shows how muscular Brandon Routh actually was for this movie that unfortunately wasn't really captured on screen.

Thank you for the kind words. Certainly we wanted to match the movie as much as possible, while taking some liberties. But when you see behind the scenes pics, Brandon was a lot bulkier than he appeared in the movie. I think this captures that power. We also matched the prop suit in terms of colours, which was lost with the desaturation in post. Turned out amazing, and is a true prize in my collection.

Back