From HT to 1/6 Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david83ec

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if someone on this forum has switched from HT figures to 1/6 statues. I love my current collection of HTs, but sometimes I feel I could have a similar collection of characters in the statue form. My main issue, because of lack of space, most of my figures are on museum pose. I feel I can't really take advantage of features like articualtion or possability. Can you share your experience if you had a similar issue?

Of course much of it comes down to personal taste but I keep all of my 1/6 figures (Hot Toys, Blitzway, and Enterbay) in museum poses too and used to have a fairly large statue collection too. I gradually phased out the statues all together to make more room for figures because even though I do not pose my 1/6 figures I still found them to be so much more satisfying than the statues. The paint apps, soft goods and tailoring, and head sculpts all were a lot better than most statues in my opinion. When my wife per se looks at a Hot Toys figure she is struck by how lifelike it looks (even in its museum pose) I have yet to see a statue that checks the "oh my goodness it looks like you shrunk...insert actor name here...and put him on your shelf box!

Of course much of it comes down to personal taste but I keep all of my 1/6 figures (Hot Toys, Blitzway, and Enterbay) in museum poses too and used to have a fairly large statue collection too. I gradually phased out the statues all together to make more room for figures because even though I do not pose my 1/6 figures I still found them to be so much more satisfying than the statues. The paint apps, soft goods and tailoring, and head sculpts all were a lot better than most statues in my opinion. When my wife per se looks at a Hot Toys figure she is struck by how lifelike it looks (even in its museum pose) I have yet to see a statue that checks the "oh my goodness it looks like you shrunk...insert actor name here...and put him on your shelf box!
Yes I see your point. HT and similars can recreate real life faces with great accuracy. I'm still divided between the dynamic poses of statues and the great representation of a character in figures

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm much happier with my collection since I switched from figures to statues. I appreciate the sense of motion you get from a statue much more than a realistic face sculpt.

Hi,

I was wondering if someone on this forum has switched from HT figures to 1/6 statues. I love my current collection of HTs, but sometimes I feel I could have a similar collection of characters in the statue form. My main issue, because of lack of space, most of my figures are on museum pose. I feel I can't really take advantage of features like articualtion or possability. Can you share your experience if you had a similar issue?

Have you thought about rotating the display maybe, ie always keep some boxed and some on the shelf?

I like looking at statues in my LCS, but I've never felt tempted to buy a static figure bigger than 1/12 scale.

I keep my figures in tight, dynamic, action packed scenes. I spend a stupid amount of time studying live action posing, and do my best to make sure my figures are interacting with each other on my shelf in a truly genuine manner. The better the scenes get, the better my space issues become.

I keep my figures in tight, dynamic, action packed scenes. I spend a stupid amount of time studying live action posing, and do my best to make sure my figures are interacting with each other on my shelf in a truly genuine manner. The better the scenes get, the better my space issues become.
Sounds interesting. Will you mind sharing a pic of your figures?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hi,

Why not mix? I went from 1/6 figs to 1/4 and larger statues personally, but if space is an issue keep the best HTs and sprinkle in some 1/6 statues. Unless you are going larger scale no reason to get rid of the HTs.

I started with 1/6 but in the last month or so I've decided to go more statue.
If I continue to get figures theyll have to be some type of series or characters that really speak to me.
I'm selling my sideshow bats, Superman and Harley and Nathan drake.
Already sold my Catwoman.
With that said I plan on keeping my avengers hot toys. I'm going all in on the Gaming Heads Mass Effect statues which is why I've decided to focus more on statues.

Knowing me it'll be a mix as stuff releases

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back