Anyone use Bestas just for Hot Toys? How does it work? Trying to decide between cases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smash

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have a 23 inch wide bookshelf I display HT figures on. I've customized it a bit and added some lighting - but my main issues are that it's not closed off with any kind of glass/acrylic and that it's only about 13.5 inches high, so some of the taller figures I can't have on their stands - and some I can't fit at all (like Vader... I'll get you someday!).

I've been thinking about getting a Billy Bookcase since it would be similar in size to the shelf I have now, but taller shelves. However, the double doors look terrible IMO and I really dislike the view gap in the middle. I much prefer to be able to have some of my figures dead center...

Currently deciding between a Detolf, Billy, and Bestas. Just recently looked Bestas up and they seem like a pretty good option. It looks like they only have doors for individual cubes instead of the whole thing though, but I think that might end up being easier to deal with. My question is - how do these look for all Hot Toy displays. I assume the shelves are adjustable.. has anyone put any like 15-16 inches apart (similar to detolf spacing) does this work well with the doors?

Thanks!

Besta has shelve space of 60 or 38 cm, which is 2 feet and 15 inches. Besta has a problem with its door though, because it has opaque rim - Ikea used to have clear glass door but discontinued. Now they have only clear door with opaque glass rim or wooden rim.

I have the Besta cabinets; clear glass doors with the wooden trim. I liked the trim work because it allowed me to mount IKEA's LED strips (the multicolored one, I don't recall the name) at the front of the cabinet while remaining mostly hidden when viewing from straight-on. I've used a combination of the full glass, and half glass shelves from top to bottom of the cabinet, and have mounted additional LEDs, on the side of the cabinet, under the glass shelves to provide light throughout the case. I'm at work now, but will take a picture tonight and post.

Long story short, when comparing the same three systems, I preferred the Besta - for my needs - ymmv.

Besta has shelve space of 60 or 38 cm, which is 2 feet and 15 inches. Besta has a problem with its door though, because it has opaque rim - Ikea used to have clear glass door but discontinued. Now they have only clear door with opaque glass rim or wooden rim.

The new Glassvik doors look better than the Tombo in my opinion, the border isn't that big.

More importantly the wood shelves they come with dont let any light through. So your gonna have dark figures. Even with lights they will be more illuminated if you spend a few extra bucks and replace all the shelves with the glass ones. They arent expensive and are well worth it

More importantly the wood shelves they come with dont let any light through. So your gonna have dark figures. Even with lights they will be more illuminated if you spend a few extra bucks and replace all the shelves with the glass ones. They arent expensive and are well worth it

I might. Either way, Bestas seem like the most versatile option so far.. PAX might be just a bit too hardcore lol.

How sturdy are the glass shelves? I am afraid to get anything glass because it's a bit of nightmare fuel =P

They are fine for figures. I wouldn't put a heavy pf on them. No 30 pound statue for sure. But they more then hold several figures fine. And they look classy.

c1b9f6b66f6cf84e7ca42112e111aeaa.jpg

I am really glad I switched to bestas from the detolfs! Love it [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've just installed my LED lights strips. They make the IKEA dioders look really dull. Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade the lot!
66dd1bd4876e46d36bf4dee227328702.jpg

So I've just installed my LED lights strips. They make the IKEA dioders look really dull. Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade the lot!
66dd1bd4876e46d36bf4dee227328702.jpg

Which LEDs are those? Looks like you turned your Besta over also?

What shelf do you use inside the besta? I can't seem to find it on the site. And what do you have them sitting on that makes them elevated?

Back