What is the scariest Modern Boogeyman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Other than Slenderman, is there a modern equivalent online or in urban legend that replaces Michael Myers, Jason and Freddie as the new boogeymen for the Millennials?

lnC25dl.jpg

Plenty of bogeymen on the evening news. However for the sake of argument, I would say that they don't make cinematic baddies they way they used to.

Aside from Slenderman, I can't think of anything else besides Samara. Does Katie from Paranormal Activity count? :lol

Mick is a good one... but not really a supernatural boogeyman.

TRUMP has them all beat. In a world where he exists, I guess I can understand the futility of a cloaked figure in a death mask.

The modern boogeyman was the pedophile for awhile, now probably the terrorist. Greedy, megalomaniac businessmen should be more terrifying for all the bad they actually do while grinning and lining their own pockets, but sadly there are many who admire and venerate the orange T-bags of the world.

Cinematically, the demon/ghost Insidious/Sinister/it Follows type seem to be popular now but they lack any personality. The last character I recall being popular was Jigsaw.

I see they're churning out another Saw, Chucky and Jeepers Creepers movie.

Last edited:
Captain Spaulding has probably become one of the more popular horror characters to come along in a few years, but he's not supernatural. I suppose his popularity is largely due to RZ's fanbase too. Good question.

What's the time frame on this? Cap Spaulding was 14 years ago, Jigsaw 13 years, Slenderman 8 years though the stabbing that made him famous only 3 years ago.

Sam from Trick R Treat?

And if you want something super indie: Papa Corn from Circus of the Dead. Has anyone seen this yet? It's really good although some of the scenes and acting could be questionable, but besides that, the clowns and deaths and everything is super fresh and unique.

Other than Slenderman, is there a modern equivalent online or in urban legend that replaces Michael Myers, Jason and Freddie as the new boogeymen for the Millennials?

I think the scariest boogeyman for millenials is a mortgage payment of their very own :horror

Modern...as in most recent? I'm thinking of this creepy character in The Conjuring 2-

The Crooked Man

He comes alive when you sing the lyrics while playing the music box...
ce5ca872389472154d94691a92bbeaa3.png

That movie was definitely brilliant. I am hoping for The Crooked Man spin off. Want to know more about it.

And then there's Nun Valak also from the same film as The Crooked Man. She's a dark entity, a demon.

I am proud to say I have her in my collection...
954ea3fc467595872e54d4f04a37a00e.jpg

Oh there's Annabelle in the corner in the picture. [emoji4] she's also nasty.

Then there's another one called "The Badadook" he comes alive when you read the nursery book. He's creepy for sure.
dd4e221cf5db2d01e0ce70e1294486ac.png

These four tops my list of a modern boogeyman with supernatural abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back