Anyone have this Buy 1 Sell 2 policy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anytime you purchase a new item you have to sell off at least 2 equivalent items, so your collection will get smaller & smaller everytime you purchase a new item to keep everything in check.

I found this not just helps in making decisions on new purchase but also help let go items you felt you don't really really really want instead of blindly preordering everything with impluse.

Check & Balance.

I learned this from Basketball drills where making a shot count as +1 missing a shot count as -2.

So then what happens when you have only have 1 piece in your collection and you want to buy another?

I think it's a good rule. If it's working then keep doing it.

I don't have a method or selling v. buying but I wish I did.

I think it's a good rule. If it's working then keep doing it.

I don't have a method or selling v. buying but I wish I did.

you're not having space issue and obviously you don't have a big collection.

or maybe you just have big space.

So it seems figure collectors have adopted the music FTP site policies of 1999.

in 1999 HDD space is limited, today HDD space is not really an issue unless you are stuck with SSD or old computers, either that or you collect lossless music.

Anytime you purchase a new item you have to sell off at least 2 equivalent items, so your collection will get smaller & smaller everytime you purchase a new item to keep everything in check.

I found this not just helps in making decisions on new purchase but also help let go items you felt you don't really really really want instead of blindly preordering everything with impluse.

Check & Balance.

I learned this from Basketball drills where making a shot count as +1 missing a shot count as -2.

I don't do that but I am at almost max capacity on my space for the collection so I try to do a 1 for 1. When I want something new I look in my collection for duplicates to let go of one of those first. Like having 2 of the MMS238 BD T-800 to display each type of head sculpt. If I don't have any duplicates then I will look at what I've had the longest and either sell that or box it up for storage.

Back