Media The Retro Gaming Discussion Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameson Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any of you still play your older consoles? Share your thoughts, pickups, or preferred method of playing (say connecting to a CRT) here!

i have a long list of backlogs on games on older consoles i have yet played.

most notably Gamecube & Wii.

I still play PS3 occassional for the PS1 downloads of the Resident Evil series. I think at this point, they should stick them all on a Blu Ray disc already.

I still play PS3 occassional for the PS1 downloads of the Resident Evil series. I think at this point, they should stick them all on a Blu Ray disc already.

Nice, my main issue with PS1 on PS3 are the slight input lag and the "image smoothing" sucks. I'm working on some ways to play PS1 games on HDTV without those issues, lets see how it turns out.

Oh, you might as well get Silent Hill 1 on PS1 as well, it's like $5 on PSN!

Nice, my main issue with PS1 on PS3 are the slight input lag and the "image smoothing" sucks. I'm working on some ways to play PS1 games on HDTV without those issues, lets see how it turns out.

Oh, you might as well get Silent Hill 1 on PS1 as well, it's like $5 on PSN!

I got that already. I wish they'd stick SH2 on it.

One bug with the RE3 on PSN is going in between gameplay and the menu sometimes the screen gets stuck in the transitional black screen for say 10 seconds or so and you think the game crashed. I've even seen it happen in Youtube videos.

I got that already. I wish they'd stick SH2 on it.

One bug with the RE3 on PSN is going in between gameplay and the menu sometimes the screen gets stuck in the transitional black screen for say 10 seconds or so and you think the game crashed. I've even seen it happen in Youtube videos.

It's a bit widespread that digital PS1 games perform and look worse than their disc counterparts for some reason. Do you still have the PS1 disc to test out?

As you know, I just discovered the GC ports and I can't go back! What a difference! :lol

It's a bit widespread that digital PS1 games perform and look worse than their disc counterparts for some reason. Do you still have the PS1 disc to test out?

As you know, I just discovered the GC ports and I can't go back! What a difference! :lol

Yeah I got the PS1 main game series. GC are definitely better looking than the PSN counterparts. There's also cheat codes in the RE2 GC version for unlimited ammo :lol

Yeah I got the PS1 main game series. GC are definitely better looking than the PSN counterparts. There's also cheat codes in the RE2 GC version for unlimited ammo :lol

Aww man, why did you have to say that out loud? Now I have to look it up! :mad:

Sega Six Pack, best value of all time. Streets of Rage and Golden Axe where my jams.

Genesis? Nice! Do you play on a CRT?

On a side note, anybody who still owns a Gamecube and the component cables ought to be proud- you can make a small fortune with those.

cable0703a.jpg

The only console I ever had was Mega Drive II.
Unfortunately my father gave it to my cousin... looong time ago.
I still play some of its games (The Jungle Book, Aladdin, Lion King, etc) via internet.
Had a blast playin' "Mortal Kombat 3" and "Golden Axe III" with... my mother. Yeah, she loved these games. :lol

I still play some of its games (The Jungle Book, Aladdin, Lion King, etc) via internet.
Had a blast playin' "Mortal Kombat 3" and "Golden Axe III" with... my mother. Yeah, she loved these games. :lol

You can always rebuy them. I'm still looking for a modded PS1/PS2 myself. Original hardware FTW.

I was thinking about picking up a N64 again just for Goldeneye. I know the graphics are awful, but I still love that game.

I got my Genesis in 1995 bundled with Lion King.

Back