Kghobby?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saintv1

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few posters mention kghobby, especially with regards to unlicensed figures (like the Wasteland Ranger), so I checked out their site.

I was surprised to find unusually low prices on Hot Toys figures. In my experience I've almost never seen significant discounts on Hot Toys pieces, and when I put in my address the site even claimed it would be free shipping.

I guess my question is, is kghobby reliable? How can they afford to offer prices that, I'm some cases, seem to be $50 or more lower than I would expect to pay in my local currency (CAD)?

For example, Hot Toys Rey would cost approximately $335 CAD from Sideshow. The local retailer I buy from would probably charge $300 before tax. These prices are in line with what I've seen from most retailers. Kghobby lists the figure at $217 CAD, shipped.

That's a pretty big discount. I wouldn't say I'm suspicious, just curious.

Use KG Hobby all the time. Most of my pre-orders are with them. Good communication and never had any problems with shipping to the UK.

KG Hobby is good, but free shipping on figures? When did that start? Free shipping on small items, yeah, but full figures?

Edit: I checked, no free shipping for Rey when I log into my account. Shipping options are $32US & $43US.

Last edited:
KG Hobby is good, but free shipping on figures? When did that start? Free shipping on small items, yeah, but full figures?

Edit: I checked, no free shipping for Rey when I log into my account. Shipping options are $32US & $43US.
Yep, I get the same result today. Not sure why it said free shipping before, but it definitely did. Maybe I should have taken advantage, haha.

I've used KGHobby several times with no problems. Sometimes the cheaper prices are offset a bit by the shipping costs, but I've found some good deals on their site that ended up being the cheapest option even with shipping.

In my experience I've almost never seen significant discounts on Hot Toys pieces, and when I put in my address the site even claimed it would be free shipping.
I guess you never even bought a HT figure from amiami.
Those were the days, man! Good times...

I contacted them a couple of days ago having been tempted by the low price on the Batman Returns figure. They told me if I specify in the comments box when ordering they'll ship it in an unmarked box as a gift and mark the value down.

Obviously doesn't guarantee avoiding a customs charge but should significantly increase the chances. If successful it's a good alternative for us UK and Euro collectors.

Back