Rain man Artworks Psycho Dx question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For anyone fortunate enough to own one of these...perhaps you can answer a question I have. OK--I am terrified to take Norman's dress off and put the shirt on. My reasoning for my fear is this:some of the joints are stiff. I am afraid I might mess the body up. Does anyone know what type of body was used for this, and how much articulation its supposed to have? Does he use the same body for every figure? Any help appreciated as I may one day dress Norman in his male clohes....but not until i am sure I won't hear "snap crackle or pop" if/when I dare attempt the task:horror. Thanks. This is the first time I have dared venture into the realm of super high end customs. I certainly don't wish for it to end with me smashing the item all up,lol. :monkey3

For anyone fortunate enough to own one of these...perhaps you can answer a question I have. OK--I am terrified to take Norman's dress off and put the shirt on. My reasoning for my fear is this:some of the joints are stiff. I am afraid I might mess the body up. Does anyone know what type of body was used for this, and how much articulation its supposed to have? Does he use the same body for every figure? Any help appreciated as I may one day dress Norman in his male clohes....but not until i am sure I won't hear "snap crackle or pop" if/when I dare attempt the task:horror. Thanks. This is the first time I have dared venture into the realm of super high end customs. I certainly don't wish for it to end with me smashing the item all up,lol. :monkey3

Rainman uses those cheap knock off bodies for his figures. You definitely won't mess up a body when you remove the clothing. It has plenty of articulation. I really don't keep track of how many articulation that the KO body has. All I know is if you continue to pose the body in many different positions or move the arms/legs/torso often enough that the joints will become loose hence is why it's a cheap body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats good to know. I am almost afraid to touch it because if anything ever gets loose or busted...I am royally up poop creek,lol. Couple of other questions (as you are the only one chiming in a this point in either thread).

1. Has anyone been known to upgrade the bodies or does that wreck the value?

2. Are the wrist pegs glued into the hands or just popped in on his releases? Just curious. Because if anything was ever gonna be a problem, I could see it being those fragile little wrist pegs.

Thanks for the communication. I appreciate it. This is my first (and possibly only due to my financial restrictions) Rainman set I have ever owned, so please excuse my ignorance.

Thats good to know. I am almost afraid to touch it because if anything ever gets loose or busted...I am royally up poop creek,lol. Couple of other questions (as you are the only one chiming in a this point in either thread).

1. Has anyone been known to upgrade the bodies or does that wreck the value?

2. Are the wrist pegs glued into the hands or just popped in on his releases? Just curious. Because if anything was ever gonna be a problem, I could see it being those fragile little wrist pegs.

Thanks for the communication. I appreciate it. This is my first (and possibly only due to my financial restrictions) Rainman set I have ever owned, so please excuse my ignorance.

More happy to help out a fellow freak. Since this is your first 1/6 figure, is it? I totally get your concerns and it's good to ask first.

1. No. Upgrading the body won't make a difference in value. The value of the set won't go up or down when you replace the body. A lot of people do upgrade the body and others don't. It's just based on your own preference.

Just DO NOT tamper with the head sculpt, outfit or the accessories. Leave those alone the way they are. If you want to upgrade the body, go ahead and just be very careful with the outfit/head sculpt when you remove them. Either wash your hands or use latex gloves before doing this so the oil of the skin on your hands doesn't affect the paint on the head sculpt or the clothes.

To my understanding, the mother in the Psycho set was sculpted by hand from head to toes so it is best to leave her alone the way she is. She would be very fragile to mess around with.

2. No the pegs aren't glued in. They pop in and out of the wrists. Handle with care, though. If you want to switch the hands, sometimes it's easy to pop the pegs out of the hole in the hands, but not always so use hair dryer (just a couple of seconds) blow low heat on the pegs and hands then it will pop out easily.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Amstel. it isn't my first 1/6 figure....but it is my first high end custom. I used to be amazed folks would pay the amounts they did for these....until I saw this set. I think I get it now,lol. I have been collecting 25 years....but this is new territory. I doubt i will ever change anything. I was just curious more than anything. Mother is a solid, un-articulated sculpt. Since she is a corpse....articulation isn't really necessary,lol.

It's the pegs in the holes of the hands I was curious about. As to whether they were glued or not. I knew the wrists weren't....but I appreciate the thoroughness of your reply. IT HELPS A LOT. I think this is one of the finest things in my collection....and that's saying something.

Back