King Arts 1/9 Iron Man Line question.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sith_lords

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello all,

Well due to budget I was collecting the Comicave studios Iron Man and to be honest I was very pleased, 75% diecast, nice detail, panel lining etc. But starting with their Silver Centurion it seems prices went up to $130 per. And that is a little much for me on a 1/12 scale figure. And on top of that they have already cancelled 3 suits.. I believe Starboost, MK7, and Midas... So for someone that wants a complete Hall of Armor in that scale that was completely unwanted and they lost a customer. I could wait for SH Figuarts release but that might never happen, plus figuarts aren't on the same league as comicave besides articulation.

Now my question is, being new to King Arts I haven't been following their news. I see they have a bunch of suits coming out and are impressive looking. Have they canceled any suits yet? I just don't want to dive into King Arts and have the same thing happen again.

Thank you!

The chance of any company making all 50ish suits is pretty small to be honest. Hot toys will "probably" do it and have always said they intended too. But they also had a four or five year head start on pretty much everyone in terms of putting out scaled high end iron man figures. They have been at it nearly 10 years and are still like 18 suits short of a full set. So expecting king arts or cmc or shf or whomever to make 40 plus figures of the exact same character is a huge ask, especially over a short time. Very few of these companies are like hot toys or Mattel or hasbro that will continue to produce the same property in the same style/tone/scale without a reboot/rebrand over an extended time. It's just not the norm.

I own 12 so far... Could not be happier.... In fact the hulkbuster is due to arrive Friday... Oh yea.
They are IMHO the best looking best made best size iron man figures.
I believe they will do everything that they have shown so far.
Face it, comicave was play imaginative. That line was doomed from the word go.
King arts is I believe, the real deal.
My mk45 and mk4 arrived last week and I was blown away.
Amazing figures.

20170110_104440.jpg

20170110_104430.jpg

20170110_104422.jpg

20170110_104349.jpg

20170110_104233.jpg

20170110_104206.jpg20170110_104206.jpg

I own 12 so far... Could not be happier.... In fact the hulkbuster is due to arrive Friday... Oh yea.
They are IMHO the best looking best made best size iron man figures.
I believe they will do everything that they have shown so far.
Face it, comicave was play imaginative. That line was doomed from the word go.
King arts is I believe, the real deal.
My mk45 and mk4 arrived last week and I was blown away.
Amazing figures.

They are well made. That's a different issue. Cmc was pretty well made.

But you may be wrong that they will be all made that have been shown. King arts has already shown and then canceled one figure. Silver centurion/mk33 I think.

And so far hot toys is the only one of these companies to not yet put a figure up for sale and then cancel it. Yes they have shown prototypes that never made production but not one of those has ever actually gone up for sale. King arts and PI and cmc and I believe even shf, can not say the same.

And gotta keep in mind that king arts is on its first action figure license deal and has stated publicly that it has ended up being much harder and more expensive then they expected and has more loss of product in production. They have even lost their own website that was listed in ads as soon as last year. It's all just troubling for a young company paired with the already canceled figures.

Last edited:
The cancelled silver centurion figure was a limited articulated figure in plastic.
Similar to the power pose hot toys line... Also defunct I believe.
I'm actually hoping they Don't do the entire house party line up. Just toooo much $$$$$ to spend.
But if I can have the Big 7...plus a handful of the more popular suits, I'm satisfied. Heck, if they just release the figs currently on pre order.. I'd be thrilled.

But getting back to the original question. What real choice is there anyway. If you want to collect Iron Man because you love the property the character and the movies.
Where do you go?
Other than King Arts there really isn't any company out there producing high-quality Iron Man figures with this level of quality.. Size... Price... and character selection. Sentinel makes some absolutely stunning figures which I own every one, but that's a completely different animal. And even if Sentinel stopped after the next one or two suits, I'd still be happy with the collection I currently have. The idea that you only collect a line up if the company promises to make every single character there is, is somewhat strange To me.
I'm sure sh figure arts and figma and mafex will never ever ever ever produce the number of characters that the Black Series has already done. But I'm sure people are still going to collect those because they're really really good figures.

I would say this. If you collect King arts and support them you're actually helping the company continue a line that you want them to produce anyway. But if you support them and they stop the line you still have an awesome representation of all the suits they currently made. I bought all of the NECA 1/4 scale Iron Man figures and I love them but I also know they've only made two suits. Even though I only have two suits with a few repaints of course, I still very much enjoy having them and I know they're never going to do a full complement of figures.

I look at it like this if you want an alternative to Hot Toys this is it. Like I mentioned in a post from a month ago I sold off almost 15 hot toys figures and replace them with the same figures from King Arts or at least I'm in the process of replacing them I only have 12. Going from Hot Toys to King Arts and knowing the quality on both I am extremely happy with what I got from King Arts. In fact the 10 that I have on one shelf right now take up the same space that I could only fit 4 hot toys figures. not only that butt the cost was substantially less. And for me like I mentioned in that post those two things are pretty important for me anyway. I love the hot toys Iron Man figures but knowing how many there going to make and knowing that the diecast figures are closer to $400 apiece delivered and the fact that they're pretty big I would need an entire room of my home re made just to fit them, not to mention the cost

When I look at the fact that all the diecast figures I'm getting from King Arts look and feel just as good to me, only smaller for almost half the price... to me it was a double win. Spend a lot less money. Display a lot more figures. And still get the quality and the designs I like. The Hulkbuster alone is such a centerpiece that I know several non Iron Man collectors that bought this just because of how amazing it is.
That's pretty special.

And again if they stop I look at it the same way I look at comicave Optimus Prime. I own that piece absolutely love it it is the absolute best representation of that Optimus Prime currently on the market anywhere. It sits right next to my 3A Optimus. Even if comicave goes under tomorrow I'll still have that Optimus and love it. King Arts I feel the same way

What you are talking about is not what the OP asked though. Your talking about liking the king arts products, which are great. But he was asking if king arts would do what cmc did, which was something he had issue with. And they have already done so. And if you go back through their history they have done it with their prop line as well. Put a figure up for PO and then later canceled it. And that was his issue with cmc. He also wanted to know if they would make the entire HPP line. And you specifically dismissed that as something you didn't want. Which is fine, but has nothing to do with his question. He wasn't asking if you or I collected the entire HPP line but if he could expect it to be made.

And the comp with the power pose line is irrelevant and wrong. First, there's a new power pose figure scheduled for release shortly, the PP mk46, so no it's not defunct. And second not a single figure in PP or MMS or VGS or whatever from hot toys has gone up for PO and then later been canceled, which is what KA did. Doesn't matter if it's plastic or DC or cotton or whatever.

The Op wanted to know if he could expect any announced PO to be canceled and if the figures he wants would be made. How great any figure is, or how much you or I collect them has zero to do with it.

As for alternative to hot toys cmc is a viable a company as king arts. King arts has no better history. Sorry.

Very sorry for my late reply guys, first of all thank you so much for all the input and suggestions, and thanks Jesse for showing your current collection! beautiful, they look amazing!

After reading both of your comments, story and researching and to be honest following my gut instincts I gave in and got a great deal on the King Arts MK 43 for $110 never used so I'm totally thrilled, I'll hope and pray they don't cancel key suits like Comicave did with the MK7. The second market for these figures seem to be a great start point for me. I am getting that baby tomorrow! so cannot wait to give that shot, I am a little concerned about the quality control for King Arts so i'll cross my fingers.

HTs is amazing but like Jesse mentioned, I personally don't have the space for them, and the $350 + shipping price tag is almost ridiculous for me, and I don't know they do feel a little too BIG. I have the Hot Toys MK3 Diecast exclusive and a MK2 War Machine that I am willing to sell just to get my feet wet with King Arts. Which I am hoping should net me $200 each AT THE VERY LEAST.

I am thinking future now, if this MK43 feels like a Hot Toy, the LEDs work just fine, the quality is there which it seems to be there. I am thinking of going big and getting the King Arts Hulkbuster before its too late, wouldn't want to pay scalper prices.

KA are great, but there is no way they will come close to making all the armors. My advice would be to let go of the idea of a complete set. It might make sense for some lines, but for Iron Man it seems like it would be very stressful. If you do need every armor I would at least consider doing it with multiple scales/lines. Otherwise HT is the only option $$,$$$.

I only have KA Hammerhead so far but he is an awesome figure...I keep waiting for the mark 46 seems like he's taking forever.

Back