Action Figure NECA: Blade Runner 2049 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy's tweet was a bit misleading.

'I want more life...'

Roy Batty said that for ****'s sake. I assume HT will follow suit and only make figures from this. Damn.

Randy's tweet was a bit misleading.

'I want more life...'

Roy Batty said that for ****'s sake. I assume HT will follow suit and only make figures from this. Damn.

I think the idea that Hot Toys will even make something from the new film is overly optimistic :lol

That's because the original BR license is made of unobtainium

Seems like they are going to produce a wide range of products for BR2049. Wonder if they got the 'full' license so no other company could do anything or does it work that way at all? Could NECA potentially start producing 1/6 at some point?

They used to make 12'' figures but I think they stopped around 2009 - I haven't been aware of anything since the Pescadero Escape and Battle-Damaged T-800s from T2.

I imagine it's hard to be excited about figures from a movie no one has seen and which may end up being crap when there is a film that many know they love and have been wanting collectibles from for up to 34 years.

I imagine it's hard to be excited about figures from a movie no one has seen and which may end up being crap when there is a film that many know they love and have been wanting collectibles from for up to 34 years.

If there are any flashbacks in the new one, that opens the door to collectibles from the original I believe.

It's not going to be crap. Trust me.

Why? You got the scoop or are you just optimistic?

Denis Villeneuve has yet to make a movie that's not a masterpiece. He is the best there is right now. Everyone in this project are top notch. Everything in the trailer was exactly where it should be. Haven't had an emotional response like that to a trailer in a very long time.
...so yes, I'm optimistic, but I have reason to! :)
...I really didn't think Blade Runner, my favorite movie, needed a sequel. But now that it's getting one, everything about it just seems to be in the right hands. And I'm excited about it.

it may be billed as a sequel but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will somehow end up being a seboot or requel....with enough aspects to classify it as a sequel but it's really nothing more than a remake....Granted I have not seen Arrival yet I do want to, but seeing how all hollywood seems to be doing is reboot/sequels lately, it's not a leap of faith to think this may be the same. I sure hope not, and I agree, the original didn't 'need' a sequel. I'm glad they at least got Ford to come back for it.

Back