Is there a way to wire up 5 separate LED strips and hook them up to one remote?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkMario616

Super Freak
Reaction score
873e73c809a0e97c79452974905030d2.jpg

This will be my current set up for quite a while, so I figured I could throw in some LED. I have 3 more shelves that curve around on the left side but let's ignore those for now.

Is it possible to utilize separate LED strips and set them up to one remote? Trying to search for this on Google is like reading stereo instructions. I know minor electrical stuff like soldering and wiring but I don't like doing the calculations lol.

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm looking to do this exact same thing and I'm leaning towards buying one of those reels of colour changing LED flexible strips, about 5 metres/15 feet long and then cutting it into 5 and joint it with the push fit connectors that are sold separately.

Which joint connectors were you buying? I clicked the link but it's showing like 20 different options haha.

I have a wheel already from a previous job, so I might be able to just buy the connectors and a power adaptor and be good to go?

My issue is I'm just trying to find a way to not connect the strips to each other physically. They have to be separated, except for the wiring....hmmm

So from what I remember when I did this like a year or 2 ago, I'd connect the strips "physically" behind the cabinets with an adaptor of some sorts, and ultimately one strip would connect to the remote IR which is also the power adaptor?

I'm fitting to Bestas too and what I intend to do it run an angled profile rail across the top of each one and then stick the LEDs to the inside of the profile rail to conceal them. I'll then drill a hole from one Besta to the next and connect the strips using the connectors.

I haven't chosen which connectors I'm using yet but will be looking at it later today so will post my thoughts later.

See I can't do the whole drill in between. The boards are really thick for my shelves.

Someone suggested I buy a surge protector that is remote controlled. Sounds good to me lol

Which boards? I'm only taking about drilling directly from one Besta to the next...

I don't have bestas. I have the home and garden shelves from Walmart. They're thicker than the bestas. I'm sure I can drill a small hole into them... Are you going to have the entire strip go through all the cabinets?

The other way I'm trying to figure out for this to work is to buy the 7 dollar strips and powder adapter bundle from china. Hook them all up to an 8 outlet surge protector and then ultimately connect that to a remote outlet thingy. It should work... I think.

My sections are roughly 30" long so I'd make the LED close to that length. I can right now buy 8x LED white with 8x power adapters for $42, I think I'm going to bite

Yah but it's really hard for me to use it in between cubes. Like I said mine will also wrap around the wall into an L shape.

Anyways! I made a purchase even if it wasn't the best. EBay had a coupon which expires in an hour (8pm est I belisve)... 15 off 75 (CNEWYEAR15OFF)

I got 8 led strips with 8 power adapters with a rotating 8 outlet strip from Belkin and the etekcity remote outlet for 65 bucks.... Not complaining.

My plan is to cut the strip into 5 and link them using wires in between

Back