Premium Format Gethsemoni – Shaper of Flesh Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimcap

Super Freak
Reaction score
Interesting! Another QOTD so soon.

1125x682_previewbanner_GethsemoniPF.jpg

"GETHSEMONI – SHAPER OF FLESH PREMIUM FORMAT™ FIGURE
Sideshow is proud to announce our latest interpretation of one of our most beloved Court of the Dead characters – Gethsemoni, the Queen of the Dead.

Gethsemoni was Death’s first creation, spiritborn of his own etherea. He imbued her with his own curiosity, adaptability and compassion. As leader of the Flesh Faction, Gethsemoni is beautiful to behold, but a formidable necromancer who wields astonishing abilities and staggering power. Gethsemoni is also mother to all beings in the Underworld. She twists and molds etherea into new and unspeakable forms. Her macabre, yet maternal, artistry knows no limits.
The breathtaking, limited edition Gethsemoni – Shaper of Flesh Premium Format™ Figure stands almost 22” tall, capturing the Queen of the Underworld in all of her haunting beauty and terrifying splendor. Combining both sculptural and fabric elements, this all-new creation showcases the intricate artistry of our signature Premium Format™ figures. Lavish, richly-textured fabric drapes across the Queen’s majestic form. She is crowned with a grotesque and stately headdress formed from a coxal bone. A semi-transparent base features intricate swirls of Flesh Faction necromancy gently enveloping the Queen’s regal feet and extending from her sovereign hand."

They know she is popular but the 1st version failed to take off and had very hit and miss reviews. I personally love version 1 and so will give version 2 a miss, spectacular as it is!

I wasn't a fan of version 1 - the face bugged me. This one has potential, but I picked up The Queens Embrace art print before they made it known they would be revisiting archived characters, so already have Gethsemone represented and probably wont go in for this statue now. Will wait to see if they do a V2 Gallevarbe, but honestly would rather see some new characters before another V2. Still hoping Malevestros goes on sale and was more than just a convention art piece. Ellianastis would be cool.

Same here ...I have the first Queen. Will see how this turns out, tho.

Mark Newman confirmed he is the sculptor of the new Queen. He stated brand new costume, new crown and brand new base.

We shall see what comes out for this piece. Mark is a great sculptor. Maybe he'll create a very compelling piece.

So far I like the pose in the concept art work. With Newman as the sculptor, I'm looking forward seeing the actual piece.

It looks great. The original never really caught my interest, but this one looks like it'll be a winner.

I thought it was odd SS is releasing another one too. Perhaps SS listened to the upset fans on the last one and want to make it up. I can't get over the face on this one, doesn't look sexy enough I guess.

It remains to be seen. Perhaps Mark will sculpt a very sexy portrait for this statue. You just never know ...that's why I'll wait to see how this 2nd version will turn out.

I thought it was odd SS is releasing another one too. Perhaps SS listened to the upset fans on the last one and want to make it up. I can't get over the face on this one, doesn't look sexy enough I guess.

You do realize that is just artwork and not a picture of the statue?

If you liked the face on the original, I'm sure you will like the new one as well. If you did not like the face on the original, then be prepared to not like this one. Mark Newman has a very signature facial style which I'm sure will carry through to this piece.

I like the character in artwork, but not a fan of Mark's sculpting style so easy pass again I guess.

Didn't get the first QOTD and have been pondering buying her from ebay. Seeing this, I may hold out, the concept art looks cool.

CotD_2017_Preview_Showcase_Gethandothersv3.jpg

I'm not sure who the 'Princess Jasmine' character is in the background of this picture, but she also looks pretty interesting, hopefully she'll be a statue too.

Looks much better than V1 so far. Looking forward to this one.

Probably won't buy it, but I'm excited to see the unboxing posts of those of you that do!

What I want is more hideous monsters.

Back