Hot Toys Beauty and the Beast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunnipot85

Super Freak
Reaction score
zZgoh1G.jpg

Anybody else want one?

I keep hoping it's a possibility since a) they made Jolie from Maleficent and since b) Watson is popular with the "geekdom" so Hot Toys may think they can get some sales from producing a figure of her.

I know they didn't do the live action Cinderella or Aurora from Maleficent, but those actresses don't have the star power of Watson so perhaps they will pursue a Belle. :pray:

edit: Officially announced! :yess: :panic:
16602403_10154211692442344_8377506342155229773_o.jpg

Cosbaby sets:
17191652_10154271019587344_4242969766210681219_o.jpg

17159095_10154271028297344_39500638096558704_o.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Anybody else hoping for a Hot Toys Belle from Beauty and the Beast?

I see this movie smashing records like we've never seen, even if it somehow gets bad reviews. I would say HT is better off making a 2-pack with Beast. Other than that, Disneystore always does exclusives for their live-action films. And Hasbro as the license holder will likely do some for other retailers. The tailoring is usually quite impressive on these more mass-market ones, sometimes comparable to any high-end 1/6 figure. It's just the paint and body that is more toy-like so you'd have to customize it to make it look really good.

I have the HT Maleficent, it's okay but definitely not worth the price tag. I also have the live-action Cinderella, Aurora, and Lady Tremaine from Mattel/Disneystore that's waiting for repainted portraits (It'll be a while, I'm not that good yet). I'll likely do the same for Beast and Belle. Right now I also have a customized animated Beast that I'm working on.

I'm surprised no one has tried to market realistic 1:6 fashion dolls, which have obviously sold well historically in stylized and larger scales. I always liked the Gene line and have owned several of them.

Obviously there is the whole 'femdoll' niche to this hobby, but those are pretty much solely aimed at a subset of male collectors, even the fashion accessories. Of course at the same time companies like Phicen have delivered a realistic base body.

It's probably all about finding a way to market it to the target audience. This movie would be a good opportunity.

Yeah, I thought of this a while back. They've made Chewie twice, so I could see them making Beast with hair. A 2-pack with Belle would be great.

Since HT already has Disney's Marvel and Star Wars I'm sure they could get other properties. HT did make Maleficent. I picked one up, however not sure how well it sold. My Wife and I saw Cinderella with our friends and it was a gorgeous movie. I'd add a Cinderella and Prince to the collection. Beauty and the Beast as well. We have Disney porcelain collectibles from when our kids were younger.

Star Ace has the likeness rights to Emma, doe that matter? I believe McFarlane never made a Jordan because Upper Deck had his.

I'm really looking forward to this movie. I like Emma Watson and love Beauty and the Beast.

I'll probably get one of the Disney store dolls they make.

I see this movie smashing records like we've never seen, even if it somehow gets bad reviews. I would say HT is better off making a 2-pack with Beast. Other than that, Disneystore always does exclusives for their live-action films. And Hasbro as the license holder will likely do some for other retailers. The tailoring is usually quite impressive on these more mass-market ones, sometimes comparable to any high-end 1/6 figure. It's just the paint and body that is more toy-like so you'd have to customize it to make it look really good.

I have the HT Maleficent, it's okay but definitely not worth the price tag. I also have the live-action Cinderella, Aurora, and Lady Tremaine from Mattel/Disneystore that's waiting for repainted portraits (It'll be a while, I'm not that good yet). I'll likely do the same for Beast and Belle. Right now I also have a customized animated Beast that I'm working on.

I saw the Hasbro ones and unfortunately they are hideous. :( I am hoping the Disney Store ones are good, but I think they tend to make their heads really big :lol

I am really hoping Barbie does one. They did a Cinderella live action one when it came out and it had a great likeness to Lily James. I'm not sure if its a possibility now though since Hasbro has made some dolls.

I could see HT going for it just to get a shot of making an Emma Watson sculpt out there, she has higher star power than Lily James or Elle Fanning. Plus, if this does anywhere near the Jungle Book kind of cash, it'd make sense for HT to go after some. I don't think they'll make a Beast though, I have a feeling if we get anything from this license it'll probably be Belle with a lot of accessories like Lumiere and Cogsworth but that's it.

Not going to happen- last time they tried this with Jolie figure it was a flop of sorts....one MCU figure will far outsell anything from this

I picked up the Disneystore versions of these, quite decent given the price. That Emma Watson head needs a repaint though.

Seems like there will be cosbabies so maybe 1/6 figures are a possibility after all.

This guy did it again, he should replace the body though with more proportioned one.

before_and_after_doll_repaint_emma_watson_as_belle_by_noeling-dax64ej.jpg

And bidded for $3400

He just needs to put the far superior left sculpt on the better body, and it'd be almost perfect.

Noel is very talented. I'm tempted to pick one of those up and give it a shot myself, since the sculpt itself looks solid (probably 3D modeled I'm guessing).

I'd love a Hot Toys Beauty and the Beast MMS of Emma, but it doesn't look like there's any interest from them on this one.

The Secret Base page posted a gif of Belle and Beast cosbabies the other day. Wouldn't abandon hope for it just yet.

Just posted on FB. I would love to see a 1/6[SUP]th[/SUP] Belle figure. :)

16602826_10154211692442344_8377506342155229773_n.jpg

Back