Figure of the Year 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
I apologize if there is another thread out there like this. I did not see one.

So Freaks, its be a turbulent year. We saw politics gone mad, celebrity deaths galore, huge box office letdowns and weird wild weather.

Yet, we have not answered the most important question to the Freaks....

Who made the figure of the year? (Lets keep it to figures for now) .

So, what figure , actually released this year , has your vote?

I'll keep track. Pics if you have them and reasons why that figure is best if you care to give them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BvS Bat , HT try hard to make it right from muscle and suit

Secone one probably Neca 1/4 Donatello

If this encompasses all companies, any scale and price point then I'm voting for NECA's Private Vasquez from Aliens.

Not my pic,
29826744846_02907334a4_b.jpg

Aliens is probably in my top 5 favourite movies and this needed to be made, badly. NECA delivered. The only downsides are some missing graffiti on her Smart-Gun and her feet/ankles don't have the most effective articulation.

Yea several nice figures came out this year. BvS Batman, Armored Batman, RO Vader, SS C-3PO, SS AT-AT, Riddick..

I'd have to go with this guy. Yea he and Supes are slightly out of scale with other 1/6 figures, but Bats was a beast in the movie. So :wave

14624417_521328084739029_1918042848620445696_n.jpg

I'm voting the quarter scale Donatello from neca. They've come a long way with this one. Look forward to the rest.

IMG_8616.jpg

Last edited:
My vote is for Civil War Battling Cap. My personal top 5 for the year are Battling Cap, Sandtrooper, BvS Batman, Deadpool, and Wasteland Ranger (in that order).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm casting a vote in favor of Black Chrome Armored Batman.

My vote would have to go to one of the 4 Bats, so I lined them all up and took a moment or two to see which was actually going to get the vote.

BC Bats wins for sheer presence on the shelf.

Captain Kirk for me. A pretty barebones figure compared to others in here, but still a pretty perfect execution of an iconic character I've been wanting forever.

BvS Batman might have taken the spot, but the flat, cardboardy cape always drags it down a bit for me.

My figure of the year is ThreeA's Optimus prime. The size, build, articulation, paint work and overall wow factor puts him right at the top with HT BvS Batman a hair below it. It was tough for me to decide which figure is FoTY because Batman is seriously amazing, but ultimately prime edged out. Pics and vids just can't emphasize the sheer awesomeness of the figure.

Worldbox Nemesis. It's a ****ing beast of a figure. Bigger than almost all my other 1:6 figures except Hulk and Ultron. Quality real leather coat. Brilliant and detailed paint apps. Truly a stunning piece. A grail has come home. IMG_5575.jpg

Well, there were many beautiful and awesome high end figures this year, so it would be easy to choose one of those, but I gotta say that the figure that made me full of joy this year had nothing high end, quite the contrary. It was the return of a classic:

The Original Stretch Armstrong!

Yeah, and I'm really surprised it was never discussed here. Armstrong is 1/6 and as much a classic as GI Joe or Mego. And this time, the head is faithful to the 1976 original, so yeah, for me, the nostalgia factor makes it figure of the year.

Yea several nice figures came out this year. BvS Batman, Armored Batman, RO Vader, SS C-3PO, SS AT-AT, Riddick..

I'd have to go with this guy. Yea he and Supes are slightly out of scale with other 1/6 figures, but Bats was a beast in the movie. So :wave

14624417_521328084739029_1918042848620445696_n.jpg

I agree with evil Batman bvs all the way

Back