World War Z - 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really liked the first film. The book was ten times better, but they might have some more freedom to do more now that zombies are the "in" monster.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/world-war-z-2/246434/world-war-z-2-everything-to-know-about-brad-pitt-vs-zombies

They missed out on the following in the book...I would love to see these scenes in the second film;

Spoiler Spoiler:

The very fact that Brad Pitt is coming back and that it will be a standard narrative shows me that this isn't going to be anything more like the book.

The book is literally just a collection of short stories about people's unique experiences during the zombie war. There is no main character or single plotline.

Anything different isn't an adaptation. And zombies were just as much the "in" monster back when the first movie came out. So what was their excuse then?

train to busan > WW Z

this movie had lots of potential, rather stick with the novel.lolz

The book was ten times better

95a5b3e60be103fdd89b9c9f6f148ded.gif

movie > book any day. it was so horrible, like reading a thesis about zombies and politics.

giphy.gif

The movie was enjoyable although I think it could have done with a better more violent cut but the book is so much better.

one thing i loved about the movie was the global scale of it (obviously) because almost all zombie stories are very confined to one setting or one place, but the fact that this movie goes literally around the world was amazing.

i also love that because it was pg 13, since they couldnt use gore they had to focus on making the zombie scenes more tense, i felt more paranoia in this movie than in some gory zombie movies, the first attack was very intense

What I liked in the book was how it was showing the way different cultures were dealing with the zed's

Religon, politics, geographical local.....added a very cool layer to the typical zombie thing.....

Guess I am alone in that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I liked in the book was how it was showing the way different cultures were dealing with the zed's

Religon, politics, geographical local.....added a very cool layer to the typical zombie thing.....

Guess I am alone in that one.

he does the same thing in the movie, it's just better paced and more entertaining. :lol

Thinner and quicker , glossing over most of the real great stuff......short of the scene in Israel I didn't see alot of other countries and how they were dealing with the infection.

They left out India and Pakistan, N Korea, Russia, NYC in the later stages, which to me were the best parts of the book.

I like the film, but I feel like, as usual , the went with the action route over more substance ...but thats what pleases audiences.

The plane scene was just stupid........and just about everything after that.

So Fincher is officially directing this. The world might just end this year.

I really liked the first film. The book was ten times better, but they might have some more freedom to do more now that zombies are the "in" monster.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/world-war-z-2/246434/world-war-z-2-everything-to-know-about-brad-pitt-vs-zombies

They missed out on the following in the book...I would love to see these scenes in the second film;

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not to nitpick, but I'm going to because I love this book and I am OCD... :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

I wasn't a huge fan of the movie. It was ok, but it differed too much from the book for my taste (and the story depended on coincidence way too much=sloppy writing). The idea of fast zombies that bit, then let you just turn seconds later took away the horror of being ripped apart by hordes of zombies (and paved the way for a pg-13 rating). The easy out solution of giving yourself a deadly disease to avoid the zombies was pretty ridiculous (or them avoiding you if you had cancer). In the book it took the better part of 2 to 3 years to pacify the US. And a decade to get the world in a livable state. I think the world view of the walking dead is closer to what Max Brooks was intending with his book. The reason I liked the World war Z book better than The walking dead, is that when you get down to it, humanity isn't all that bad. Unlike The walking dead, where almost everybody is potentially a murderous creep. I'm not saying either is more realistic.

he does the same thing in the movie, it's just better paced and more entertaining. :lol

No, the movie really didn't do the same thing. The movie had Bay level pacing.... which to some isn't good. The next thing you'll tell me is it is better than Night of the living dead, because NOTLD didn't have 'splosions.

Edit: It did have 'splosions
Night-of-the-Living-Dead-1968-truck-explosion.png

Back