New Mattress Opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ween

Wahooooo!!!!
Reaction score
I need a new mattress. I haven't bought one in a very long time and I have no idea what to get now. I just have a regular spring mattress and was wondering about memory foam or other types. Which do you recommend? Have tried and hated? Etc?

I agree about the memory foam. No luck with it myself. I've had a couple of Simmons Beautyrest mattresses now that we've really liked. You have to go and lay down on them to see which one you like.

I had one with my ex and don't remember being any more hot than a regular mattress. I just remember it being VERY comfortable and I slept like a rock on it.

One would assume it would be extra warm during the Summer as it got extra insulation? And extra warm during the Winter, also due to the extra insulation? Could the 1/2 inch foam Mr. Green sleep on be memory mattress? Hehehe.

Temperpedic changes my life. Expensive but worth every penny. Very good on the back and the rest of your body. I should of bought one years ago.

Memory foam will change your life. I didn't have any heat problem and now I wake up rested and with no pain in my back

Memory foam is hot. It also hinders activity motion...

I have a spring mattress with a memory foam top and hate the thing. Halfway though my sleep a bit of a pit develops and I'm stuck there in the same position, I sometimes have terrible lower back pain as a result. I wish I could at least remove the memory foam top and replace it with a non-foam one but on mine, it's sewn to the rest of the mattress. I don't recommend Memory foam. And if you have lower back pain, look into buying an extra firm mattress.

I have a spring mattress with a memory foam top and hate the thing. Halfway though my sleep a bit of a pit develops and I'm stuck there in the same position, I sometimes have terrible lower back pain as a result. I wish I could at least remove the memory foam top and replace it with a non-foam one but on mine, it's sewn to the rest of the mattress. I don't recommend Memory foam. And if you have lower back pain, look into buying an extra firm mattress.

Maybe you should sleep on your back. :D :monkey3

try this one.

this bed is awesome...

death-in-movies-johnny.gif

I can only speak for people with back pain. I have lower back pain and the only mattresses that has worked for me are the Multi Pocket Spring mattresses with a softer thinner mattress like foam or something else on top of that.
The Multi Pocket are more expensive, but the comfort is definitely worth the extra money. Offers more support for your back than anything else i've tried.

Stay away from the cheap Bonnell spring mattresses, there's a reason they're cheap.

Back