Hot Toys Chubbys at Star Wars Shop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Not sure how many are interested in these, but the Star Wars shop is now pre-ordering the Hot Toys Chubby nesting figures for $10 a pop. Here's the link.

Not sure if anyone else will be carrying these, but for that I'll at least pick up the Anakin-to-Vader set :rock

I ordered the Sith, Anakin-Vader, and Obi-Wan sets, they're cool looking items and I like those characters, Grievous was tempting but I'm not a huge fan of that set, I was surprised by the price, I know they're not big but I was expecting a much higher cost.

Maybe i ordered these cuz I see them as overweight kindred spirits, man I need to hit the treadmill lol.

usmcchet9296 said:
Star Wars Chubby
I remember getting one of those the first time I saw Leia in her slave outfit

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Congratulations usmcchet9296!!! Only 3 replies in and we get the iminent Chubby joke!!! The last thread about these guys took almost a full page :rotfl

But, for me one of the draws of these is to say I have a SW chubby, then whip-it-out and not get arrested... again :monkey3

Wow, ten bucks is a pretty enticing price. These aren't really something I'm interested in and I have no clue where I would put them...but for ten bucks...

Now that I think about it, $10 for a chubby, I can get those for free :)

On a serious note, what I like is that your chubby starts out small and gets bigger and bigger :)

Ok now I realized, I can't be serious about this anymore :)

Why is it that I can feel sand between my toes? Oh I know... 'cause we're a headin' to the sandbox!!! :rock

Putting Chubby jokes aside for the moment,would anyone else like to see Hot Toys do some 1/6 Star Wars figures if their license allows for it?
They are putting out some amazing stuff at the moment and have shown no fears in producing large scale pieces like ED-209,the Power Loader and the sure to follow Alien Queen. Imagine what they could do for Star Wars.

bcm77 said:
Putting Chubby jokes aside for the moment,would anyone else like to see Hot Toys do some 1/6 Star Wars figures if their license allows for it?
They are putting out some amazing stuff at the moment and have shown no fears in producing large scale pieces like ED-209,the Power Loader and the sure to follow Alien Queen. Imagine what they could do for Star Wars.

For sure ~ I can totally see Hot Toys nail C3PO ,R2D2, Vader, Boba, troopers...

Yeah of course! The more the merrier! More competition means, hopefully, increased quality by ALL parties. It's what makes life great, competition! I think HT would be able to nail the perfect real fur Chewie first.

Sith and Vader look cool... might have to pick those up. I have 2 sets of Tampa Bay Buccaneer ones that are very cool.

I want them super bad, they'll go well with other kitschy stuff like the VCD's and junk. I just blew a lot of cash, so no can do now, but eventually.

bcm77 said:

The more I think about it, the less I want Hot Toys to touch Star Wars, and I say that becaue the only figures I'd want them to do would be ones where body parts were exposed and use their muscular body to hide joints. However, given more and more thought, I am very concerned about the longevity of the muscular bodies and worry about my Rambo figures staying intact for years to come, and when it comes to Star Wars, those are my most treasured collectibles and I want to feel secure that if I take good care of them, they will be with me well into old age, and I'd hate to only get one good Slave Leia in this scale, and have it disintegrate later on me. At the moment, the only companies I'm interested in making Star Wars are Sideshow and Medicom (for armored figures) though the Medicom scale is fairly different from Sideshow, and seeing where they're going, I'd love to see Triad's new bodies put into play, they're new female body that's supposed to come out in the future looks fantastic, for a joint showing figure, it really hides them and holds a true human body form.

usmcchet9296 said:
Star Wars Chubby
I remember getting one of those the first time I saw Leia in her slave outfit

Awesome!

I'm sure Boba Fett had one under his armor. *Ding!* :D

Last edited:
Oh yes, isn't it funny how words mean different things in other countries!

Aren't we all SO mature!:monkey5:monkey5

Back