Captain Underpants - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Reaction score
Captain Underpants is a film in production based on the children's novel series of the same name by Dav Pilkey.
The movie is being directed by David Soren (who is known for Turbo, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, and SharkTales), and is being produced by DreamWorks Animation.

Cast:

Ed Helms - Principal Krupp / Captain Underpants
Kevin Hart - George Beard
Thomas Middleditch - Harold Hutchins
Nick Kroll - Professor Pippy Pee-Pee Poopypants
Jordan Peele - Melvin Sneedly
Kristen Schaal - Miss Edith Anthrope

Captain Underpants is scheduled to hit theaters June 2, 2017.

Captain-Underpants1-700x467.jpg

Last edited:
So, the books are about a middle-aged man who dresses in his underwear and hangs around... little kids? And while as Mr. Krupp he hates children, as Cp'n he's extremely nice to them? And then it's revealed that both kids have ADHD, and they're smarter than the kid who made time-travel possible?! And then they meet their future selves, and one of them is gay and has twins?! That's one weird series of books...

So, the books are about a middle-aged man who dresses in his underwear and hangs around... little kids? And while as Mr. Krupp he hates children, as Cp'n he's extremely nice to them? And then it's revealed that both kids have ADHD, and they're smarter than the kid who made time-travel possible?! And then they meet their future selves, and one of them is gay and has twins?! That's one weird series of books...

no,
he becomes that weird superhero because the kids are able to hypnotize him. so when someone flicks their fingers he changes into captain underpants.

then he goes on adventures but the kids have to follow him to make sure he doesn't hurt himself. then if he gets wet he goes back to being mean,

he has no super powers until one of the books he gets superpowers from an Alien spaceship (wtf?)

and the super villains are a robot toilet that the kids invent and someone called Dr Diaper, a mad scientist whose plan was to blow up the moon

This is the silliest thing Ive ever seen made for kids, worse than Barney or Teletubies

latest

200px-CaptainUnderpants11thBook.png

Yo, they should make a Teletubbies movie in the same vein that they're doing the new Power Rangers. Make it dark and gritty.

Hot Toys Teletubbies when?

My kids love this series, it's super ridiculous. I'm sure once they find out about this they'll be begging to go see it...

The author came to my elementary school and did a little talk for us. That was back in the 80s I think. Crazy to think all these years later he's finally gonna hit it big.

Haven't read this since 6th grade. Didn't even know this was still relevant today.

I remember loving captain underpants back in the day. Interesting it's even a thing right now.

Look what they're doing with Archie in the CW's, "Riverdale." Archie is dark. Really?
Ryan

LMFAO!!! I thought you were joking until I googled this. This is too hilarious to even be mad about.
A grownup "dark and subversive" Archie series. :rotfl

This is going to be a very special kind of trainwreck!

Back