new Alien Warrior by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asianjabba

Freakalicious
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/alien-warrior-statue/

new alien statue! looks awesome. the thing that interests me...which makes me hesitate pressing that preorder button the moment it's up is...is...is that a ALIEN QUEEN in the background? is that some alien queen tease that sideshow is showing us for a FUTURE alien queen statue? If that is the case, I have to wait for that one. what do you guys think?

Definitely a queen in the background. Zero interest in this line due to the size hopefully something 1:4 comes from the new movie.

WIP...

fNQfz6G.png

fpKIEIy.png

MFbEn8j.png

Looks like he's surfing on a slice of rotten bologna. Or a mussel. Seriously, what is it with Sideshow and their uninspired "generic Alien-y crap" bases these days?

And why 1/5 again? Didn't they just do a run of 1/5 statues a few years ago? And I seem to recall the Alien Warrior back then was also surfing on an ambiguous mass.

300073-alien-warrior-001.jpg

These guys need to go back to the fundamentals. Basic, solid, film-based sculpts and time-tested scales.

The pose is uninspiring.
The first thing I thought of was the previous Boba Fett PF.
It's all good. Money saved.

The alien looks alright from the thighs up, and I like the paint on the alien itself, but those legs are a mess from the knees down and that purple base... I just don't get it. Another missed opportunity, like the internecivus raptus and alien king. There's some solid work on all of them, but it gets dragged down by weird poses, weird colors, made-up stuff, etc.

Not too crazy about the base, but overall it looks better than the previous 1/5 statue (the 'surfer'). Also, it looks 100% resin, unlike the Raptus.

I absolutely love the pose from the waist up. However as others have pointed out:
- Tail is way to long
- Base much to similar to their first surfing 1:5

Back