Star Ace 1/6 - Harry Potter - Dobby

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAL9000.

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now up for preorder:

Dobby-1.jpeg

Dobby-10.jpeg

Dobby-2.jpeg

Dobby-6.jpeg

Dobby-4.jpeg

Dobby-9.jpeg

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
The 1/6th scale Dobby the House Elf collectible figure features:
-1/6th scale all new articulated body, approximately 15 cm tall.
-Fully realized authentic likeness of Dobby in the movie "Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets" with accurate facial expression and detailed skin texture. Each head sculpt is especially hand-painted.

PARTS:
Three (3) interchangeable arms including:
-One left arm with open hand
-One right arm with open hand
-One right hand with sparkling flash

COSTUME
-Torn pillow case

ACCESSORIES:
- Bellatrix LeStrange’s dagger
-Grey sock
- Tom Riddle’s diary
-Basilisk tooth
-Sparkling flash

FURTHER INFORMATION

**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT**PRODUCT DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are © & TM Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. WB SHIELD : TM & © WBEI. J.K.
ROWLING’S WIZARDING WORLDTM J. K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Publishing Rights © JKR. (s17)© 2017 Star Ace Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

So much for us thinking it would be included with other figures or part of a creature pack. Very expensive, IMO, too (£90 UK).

This is also a very strange accessory to have with him. Tom Riddle's diary and the basilisk fang should really be with Harry or Dumbledore.

Dobby-12.jpeg

I really wanted Dobby, but at that price it's a definite pass from me. Plus, I'd want to see it in hand anyway. His pillowcase doesn't look great.

Last edited:
So much for us thinking it would be included with other figures or part of a creature pack. Very expensive, IMO, too (£90 UK).

This is also a very strange accessory to have with him. Tom Riddle's diary and the basilisk fang should really be with Harry or Dumbledore.

View attachment 312822

I really wanted Dobby, but at that price it's a definite pass from me. Plus, I'd want to see it in hand anyway. His pillowcase doesn't look great.

The £89.95 is just my price mark, some other retailers may well have them a bit cheaper I am not too sure. If exchange rates improve at all I will revise the price but with our climate it is very unlikely.

It was originally going to be part of the Lucius Malfoy pack I believe but maybe it worked out too expensive, who knows! :)

I wish he came with a second headsculpt. Sad Dobby doesn't have a lot of display options.

The £89.95 is just my price mark, some other retailers may well have them a bit cheaper I am not too sure. If exchange rates improve at all I will revise the price but with our climate it is very unlikely.

It was originally going to be part of the Lucius Malfoy pack I believe but maybe it worked out too expensive, who knows! :)

I wasn't commenting on your price specifically, Aaron. Your hands are tied by the price point SA set.

Also, it's only MY opinion, and my opinion is that even at say £80, it seems expensive for a very small figure. I do get that they would've developed a new rubber/silicone body and armature, and the sculpt looks great.

He looks very sad here :lol

Dobby-15.jpeg

How much is this in the US? I love Dobby, especially after his introduction in Chamber of Secrets lmao.

That looks pretty cool.
Will have to add him to my collection.
Where are these images from?
I looked at their Facebook page and it's not on there.

What a great sculpt on the arms, legs and feet. Very curious as to how that articulation functions. Head looks great too. Not interested in Dobby, but I think this looks pretty awesome. Gives me hope for a nice Gollum one day.

Looks like he's got 5 POA, maybe a sixth if there's any torso movement. Not an articulated fella.

That is, unless the arms are bendy.

So Dobby is now a stand-alone figure then. No-matter I'll still be getting him as I really like the character and the figure looks pretty good, (also his last scene in Deathly Hallows Part 1 :( ....gets me every time! :crying :lol )

I hope they price it reasonably. I'd like to buy this, but if it's over priced I'll take a chance and wait until they start doing deep discounts.

If the limbs indeed can't bend, I wish the pose was a little dynamic rather than mirrored limbs in a straight ahead mug shot stance. There's no personality of the character in the body language of that Ken doll pose they chose.

Back