AT&T Samsung S7 Warranty

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMan022

Super Freak
Reaction score
My S7 decided to stop working completely over the weekend, Saturday night to be exact. I tried both methods of rebooting and neither worked, the phone starts to reboot then freezes and shuts off. So today after work, I took it to my local AT&T store and was told I have to go to a "Warranty Center". Irritated, I went home and found that the closest warranty center is right next to my work, so I made an appointment online for tomorrow. I've only had the phone since March, but I've got the feeling I'm gonna end up getting it replaced. Anyone have experience with AT&T Warranty Centers? Will they give me a new phone right then and there or will they mail me a refurb? I've never had to go through this so I'm curious what to expect.

Just got back from AT&T, they can't fix it so they are sending me a refurbished phone in 1-2 days and my original gets sent back to them. I thought they would have some inside knowledge/technique to get the phone to at least turn on, but no, they did the same thing I did and quickly decided I needed a new one. I think it's a joke that I pay monthly for a new phone, but when that takes a crap after only 6 months, I get a used one. I'm sure it's in the contract somewhere, but it's still not a good deal for the consumer. The other important note is that after the 1-year warranty, you have to make an insurance claim(provided you have a policy) if something happens to your phone. So if my phone decides to not work anymore after the warranty, it's on me to pay the deductible to have the phone fixed/replaced.

Back