DC Collectibles: DC Designer Series The Joker By Brian Bolland Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
dc_designer_series_bolland_joker_1_5858274b074b02-38395676.jpg

Straight from the Eisner Award-winning graphic novel BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE, acclaimed artist Brian Bolland’s rendition of The Joker gets the Designer

Series treatment! Bolland’s version of the Clown Prince

DESIGNED BY BRIAN BOLLAND

SCULPTED BY DAVID GIRAUD

SIZE: 1:6 SCALE /APPROX. 13.71’’ TALL

MSRP: $150.00 US

Personally, I think it looks great. I remember it stealing my attention during that Comic Book Men segment at DCC headquarters and being surprised no one started a thread for it, then. I love the idea of DC doing iconic interpretations of these characters in, perhaps, their most well known appearances, and I'm curious who could come next? Green Lantern by Van Sciver? Aquaman by Ivan Reis?

This looks sharp. Are they made out of plastic? A 1/6 scale resin statue for $150? Can't be.

This looks sharp. Are they made out of plastic? A 1/6 scale resin statue for $150? Can't be.

They're made from cold cast porcelain. Based on the 1:6 Batman and Batgirl I got they're quite the bargain.

My only issue for this Joker is he's not cartoony enough for me, The Batman, Batgirl, Flash and Starfire all look like they walked out of a cartoon which I really like, this one of Joker is more realistic looking so I don't think he fits in quite as well. Although I'll probably still get him :)

BBTS.com has him for $120 (pre-order)

Last edited:
Superman really needs the DS treatment. I have the DK Batman & it's great...will probably get this one.

Superman really needs the DS treatment. I have the DK Batman & it's great...will probably get this one.

Who could they do for Superman? When I think Joker, I think Bolland, Flash; Manapul, Harley is pretty much synonymous with Bruce Timm. I'm actually kind of disappointed they already blew their load on Batman as promotion for DKIII (as cool as the statue is). Though, to be fair, it's Batman, so, it's not like they're going to leave it at one statue.:lol I am curious, though, who the most iconic Superman artist would be. Curt Swan? Gary Frank?

For me personally it's Lee's Superman.

As for this, I'm gonna get it but I'm wondering how it's going to compare with the Koto version. I get that the Koto is PVC and all but it looks SOOO good.

Who could they do for Superman? When I think Joker, I think Bolland, Flash; Manapul, Harley is pretty much synonymous with Bruce Timm. I'm actually kind of disappointed they already blew their load on Batman as promotion for DKIII (as cool as the statue is). Though, to be fair, it's Batman, so, it's not like they're going to leave it at one statue.:lol I am curious, though, who the most iconic Superman artist would be. Curt Swan? Gary Frank?

That would probably be Swan, but I don't see them going that far back, so I guess Byrne would be their oldest reference, at least for starters. Maybe Dan Jurgens and Jerry Ordway, too. Or the unavoidable Jim Lee, sure.

Edited after seeing BR's post: forgot about Alex Ross, duh.

Wonder if they'll provide a pic of this next to the Batman Designer Series?

All those artists mentioned for Superman, Swan, Ordway, and Byrne would have been fantastic for the assumed cancellation of the Man of Steel Superman line. I would love to see a Curt Swan Superman. The man drew Superman more than any other artist. All he got was a crappy action figure a few years ago.

As for other characters, how about someone that doesn't get a lot of merchandise. A Dr Fate by Keith Giffen comes to mind.

The piece with Superman holding Lois over the roof of the Daily Planet is part of the Designer Series. It's based on Gary Frank artwork.

question is : when this coming out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back