Hot Toys Deadpool review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't had a lot of sixth scale stuff to review lately, but I have four figures sitting here awaiting their fate. I suspect I'll do an all sixth scale week next week leading into the holiday, but let's get started tonight with a look at the Hot Toys Deadpool, a figure that has been shipping every where else for months. I finally got mine this week, and yes, it's excellent. You can find my review here - and check out the last two photos, cuz they're my favorites this time:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-121416a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Here's the problem with this figure, they are making a sequel, and that figure will probably be essentially the first figure but less problems. In that way I feel this figure is not easily comparable to the blade figure, it might be better to compare it to the first avengers hawkeye. Some people still prefer that first hawkeye So if you ordered this I'm sure you'll be happy. For me, I can wait.

There's no way to know if the suit will be the same, or how they handle the figure. I believe his point was that it will be sought after(and is currently correct).

As Motuxmen said - no way to know any of that. While it's almost guaranteed that we'll get another version, you have the 'when' to deal with, then you have the 'what'. Will the new suit - which is also likely - be better? Will the figure itself be an improvement? Not always true, as evidenced by the recent Ant-Man that many of us feel is lesser to the original release.

And while it seems obvious that they'd make a second figure with the second movie, especially with this first one selling so well, that ignores what else they'll have going on, including a billion Star Wars releases and a corresponding ton of Marvel main characters. All this stuff has to fit into the schedule someplace, and I'd be surprised if we see a second Deadpool before 2020.

My instincts with this are the same as with Ant Man. The first iteration likely the best for me so I'm glad I went for it. He really is the definitive Deadpool figure for me, I've had no wrist problems *touch wood* and he just looks awesome.

As Motuxmen said - no way to know any of that. While it's almost guaranteed that we'll get another version, you have the 'when' to deal with, then you have the 'what'. Will the new suit - which is also likely - be better? Will the figure itself be an improvement? Not always true, as evidenced by the recent Ant-Man that many of us feel is lesser to the original release.

And while it seems obvious that they'd make a second figure with the second movie, especially with this first one selling so well, that ignores what else they'll have going on, including a billion Star Wars releases and a corresponding ton of Marvel main characters. All this stuff has to fit into the schedule someplace, and I'd be surprised if we see a second Deadpool before 2020.

Well put.

As you said it's so hard to know what will or won't be popular short and long term.

And up until like last year marvel was essentially the only shared universe and it mainly just had three big characters plus the other avengers every three years or so. But going forward things are going to be very different. Star Wars is not only back and expanding but hot toys finally got the license. DC is no longer just a batman or superman movie every three or four years. Starting with bvs they have nearly 20 films on tap. Hot toys now has the transformers license as well (new films coming). They have predator and alien. New potc. Plus the marvel expansion, including new Spider-Man. Before deadpool drops another figure chances are there's justice league and one or two avengers film. A new wolverine film. Plus the TV stuff.

Anyway...this figure will be hard to top unless they drastically change the way the suit is designed on screen(ala Cap so that the figure moves better) and if they do change it hard to know if it looks better

Nailed it. This guy is going to be a grail figure for people entering the hobby over the next few years.

Also, great review Michael -- I always enjoy your written reviews, ideal with morning coffee. :clap

Yup great review! One question though...

The base is quite large, with the Deadpool logo and a crotch support.

Did I miss something? Mine only has a dynamic stand (with a springy grabber thing) which I really don't like (it messes with the katana sheath).

Hmmm - perhaps you're right. I tend to glance at the stands unless there's something unique about them, and a couple days goes by between the shoot and the writing. I thought it was a crotch support, but now that you mention it, it does seem like it was the longer post with the waist grabber.

I see, I thought I had something missing from my box (I actually got the box out to check just in case!). Never mind, it gave me an excuse to swap out some accessories :D

Back