Pedestals?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumos

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone display their figures/statues using pedestals (perhaps with a top dust/acrylic cover)?

I'm debating buying some, but I'm shocked at the prices. Some stores have very basic pedestals - not even that tall - for like $600+. Ouch.

I'm curious if anyone has any photos of or recommendations for pedestals. :) If they end up in the $500-$1000 range I'll just have to settle for more Ikea cabinets, but I thought pedestals could be fun to bring into the mix.

Made one years ago for my iron man bust cost me like 20 bucks.
It really depends on what kind you want. And use Craigslist and you will find something super cheap.
ba30fc066590ffabc978bdab2c77b4b3.jpg

...this hobby while a costly one, is quiet and unostentatious and not sensational.

Oh wow! That's really nice.

I have more of a modern room, so probably a solid black or white pedestal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a company called Pedestal Express I believe it is that makes a 'plastic' line of pedestals. They aren't bad looking in person and not terribly expensive.

Oh wow! That's really nice.

I have more of a modern room, so probably a solid black or white pedestal.

I'm also having a contemporary house. But I'm too lazy to paint it or put on some fancy finish. Just give you a basic idea that using 2*2 and MDF everybody can built a box shape pedestal that cost nothing compare to what you have to pay for other ppl.

...this hobby while a costly one, is quiet and unostentatious and not sensational.

Made one years ago for my iron man bust cost me like 20 bucks.
It really depends on what kind you want. And use Craigslist and you will find something super cheap.
ba30fc066590ffabc978bdab2c77b4b3.jpg

I see a kid's play room in the background. Man I would be nervous about a lil one bumping into your display

I see a kid's play room in the background. Man I would be nervous about a lil one bumping into your display

It's all ok, for the past 2 years my kids didn't ever touched it once, I guess girls are not really interested in super heroes. It might looks scary, but actually the pedestal is made of solid wood and got some weight there and no kids are able to move it a little. [emoji847]

Hey now. I'm a girl, and I'm plenty interested. ;)

ROFL.

Hi Nenya,
I was in your situation not long ago. Yep the wood pedestals are expensive!

Nice work mikeclon! Great pedestal!

After looking around I also thought of building one, but I am too lazy.
I found some cheap alternatives. Maybe not your cup o tea, but just thought I'd offer the suggestion.

I found this place - not sure how they look in person:
https://easypedestal.com/product/basic-pedestal/
They are basically a wood top with a corrugated base.

But what I ended up going with was one of these:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-3-Cube-Organizer-Multiple-Colors/29741116#about

I got a white one and then put foam core on the front. Although that is not necessary I wanted it to look more like a stand.
One can always use the shelves to display other things.
Here is how it turned out - it is under the IM bust.
23731470464_86b522a677_b.jpg

23731474614_440dd67f68_b.jpg

Hi Nenya,
I was in your situation not long ago. Yep the wood pedestals are expensive!

Nice work mikeclon! Great pedestal!

After looking around I also thought of building one, but I am too lazy.
I found some cheap alternatives. Maybe not your cup o tea, but just thought I'd offer the suggestion.

I found this place - not sure how they look in person:
https://easypedestal.com/product/basic-pedestal/
They are basically a wood top with a corrugated base.

But what I ended up going with was one of these:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-3-Cube-Organizer-Multiple-Colors/29741116#about

I got a white one and then put foam core on the front. Although that is not necessary I wanted it to look more like a stand.
One can always use the shelves to display other things.
Here is how it turned out - it is under the IM bust.
23731470464_86b522a677_b.jpg

23731474614_440dd67f68_b.jpg

Nice job markecho, target also have those cube shelves which looks the same and you can find different colors. Sometimes they offer deep deep discounts for
Discontinued furniture products.
BTW I also have that king arts CA shield hanging with the iron man bust.

Back