1/6 & 1/4 PF Cold Cathode (CCFL) Lightsabers & Repairs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixelpiper

Super Freak
Reaction score
<< Contact me via Facebook or email for orders/repairs and prices>>

Premium Format CCFL Lightsaber Rebuilds & Repairs
  • Specializing in 1/4 scale Premium Format statues from Sideshow Collectibles
  • CCFL lamp replacements including Darth Malgus, Shaak Ti, Darth Vader, Savage Opress, Aayla Secura & any other similarly lit figures - send me a PM to see if your figure can be done - 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 or other scale

Other Statue Lightsaber Repairs (prices vary, depending on model/work)
  • Bulb cover replacement - custom painted to match original
  • Power connector replacement
  • Base electronics repair
  • Hilt repair/paint

1/6 Scale CCFL Lightsaber Conversions
Realistic neon glow for your Light or Dark Side Star Wars Jedi & Sith

• You supply the the desired hilts (saber handles)
  • I supply everything else & deliver fully functional plug-in lightsabers
  • Fully finished product completely plug and play - no assembly required, nothing to build or modify yourself
  • Colored blades when on or off
  • Miniature Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lightsaber blades
  • More realistic scale than old original plastic blades
  • Professionally made wiring and mini quick connectors
  • Wiring comes pre-connected
  • 12v Power supply for your region, 1 Amp standard, 2 Amp optional
  • Toggle Switch
  • 9 feet of power wire, 30-40" of saber wire (depends on specific bulb)
  • 1/6 Multi-Figure Setups - save with one power wiring set for multiple figures
  • 4, 5 and 6 saber setups include higher capacity 2 Amp power supply.

Options
  • Power light-up features on the figure with Battzero Figure-Specific Battery Eliminators (ex: Vader's belt/chest)
  • Power light-up stands and accessories with Battzero Battery Eliminators (one or more, like Vader's bases, Boba Fett base, etc.)
  • Wireless RF remote control to turn on/off, dim and control special strobe effects for one or more sabers, accessories & other lights
  • 8-level inline mini dimmer to reduce saber brightness
  • Custom-length extensions
  • Integrate wiring through Vader's right grip glove/hand for a completely hidden wire
  • Double-capacity power supply upgrades: 2A power supply instead of a 1A model with your package(s) - included free of charge when required for your multi-saber package order.
  • Extra wire sets/parts a-la-carte

Click here to browse customer images of completed figures with sabers.

Future Integration and Compatibility: All modular design features the same mini-connectors as my battery eliminator and shelf lighting systems (coming soon). You can add additional sabers in the future, split apart multi-figure packages, run an entire cabinet or even a whole room from one remote control and more.

Dual Lightsaber Package Example (reminder: customer-supplied hilts)

Battzero Battery Eliminators
  • Vader Belt/Chest Lighting: Battzero Battery Eliminator to power figure's built-in lighting - connects directly to saber wiring
  • AA and AAA Battzero Battery Eliminators to power display bases & other toys: optionally connects directly to saber wiring
    (Examples: Vader's Light-up display bases/stands, Boba Fett's base, etc.)
  • Power supplies for all regions

Last edited:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q: Can I have a different color saber blade on any character?
A: Yes - you can optionally specify Blue, Green, Red , Purple/Magenta or White on any character's saber. Dark Purple, Yellow and other colors coming soon.

Q: Can I power Vader's stand and chest box at the same time?
A: Yes, see the "Lighting Integration" options

Q: Do you make sabers for Premium Format (1/4 scale) statues/figures?
A: Yes, I can replace the blade on your CCFL PF or convert your non-CCFL PF to a CCFL blade.

Q: Do you ship to my country?
A: Yes

Q: Do you have a power supply for my country?
A: Yes

Q: What do I need to send you?
A: Hilt(s) for whichever characters you want - they can be the one with or without the original blade, your choice.

Q: How do I return my original hilt(s)/saber(s) to you?
A: By postal mail. Package the parts wrapped in printer paper in a small padded or stiff envelope/mailer such as a #000 bubble mailer. You should post the item as a flat/letter type. If you're in the US you should send it as First-Class Mail International of the Large Envelope (Flat) mailpiece type (under $3 postage up to 4oz). Pay for postage online at stamps.com to save time/money. I'll send you a return address and detailed instructions by email when we finalize your order.

Q: Are the sabers very bright?
A: Yes. "Insanely bright." :) Consider one of our dimmers if you want to control the brightness.

Sabers and Vader's belt/chest powered from my Vader Saber kit, shown above, from a single 12v supply - this wires directly to my shelf lighting system.

Ignore the unfutzed poses, this isn't the final display - Vader is also in the middle of modification with a loose helmet.

very awesome, Pixel! this would've been great for my Anakin if it didn't break at the knee oh so long ago with the wires tearing apart in the break

Pixel, can the Vader and Luke sabers be made just a bit longer? Even just 1cm? They look spectacular but seem just a tad short in those duel pics. Seems like the PT ones are longer.

I tried pming, sending email and Facebook messaging you bUT have not heard back. Are you still selling these?

I've got a big backlog at the moment of messages and pending orders, but I'll get through everything.

I've got a big backlog at the moment of messages and pending orders, but I'll get through everything.

I had sent you some messages a while back, let me know when you will be taking new orders. I am interested in having 2 sabers done.

Just wanted to give credit where its due! Thank you Bruno for fixing my Aayla Secura PF lightsaber!
DSC00272_edited.jpgDSC00278_edited.jpgDSC00278_editedlight.jpg

Hi PixelPiper.

I have a Hot Toys ANH Darth Vader and a Hot Toys ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi. Vader has two belt boxes and a lightsaber that lights up. Obi-Wan has just a lightsaber that light up.

I would like to display them 24/7 without the batteries and light bulbs running out too fast. I was told you could create alternate power sources that light them up which would allow them to be displayed 24/7. I am no electronics expert. I was told it has something to do with battery bypass units that can run off the mains.

Is it possible? Please help me.

Also interested in knowing when you're taking orders again.

How much does a hilt + dimmer cost? Is there a way to put like 5-6 sabers on one switch/dimmer without the wiring being a giant mess?

Back