Eaglemoss 1/8th Scale Build The DeLorean Partwork Magazine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirdoctor

Super Freak
Reaction score
This 1:8 scale die-cast model is a highly detailed replica of the Back to the Future DeLorean. It builds up week-by-week and is over 50CM LONG, with metal body panels and a wealth of working lights. All Doc’s modifications have been carefully recreated from the nuclear reactor to the cables on the floor. There will even be the option to build the versions that appeared in the sequels.

1:8 SCALE | MODEL INFORMATION
LENGTH: 52.7 cm
WIDTH: 23.2 cm
HEIGHT: 14.3 cm
HEIGHT (Doors open): 24.5 cm
MATERIALS: Die-cast metal (body panels and engine); ABS (tyres, seating, some engine components and chassis)

This is for the UK only at present and is due to start Jan 2017. There will be at least 120 issues priced at £8.99 each (£9.99 if you take out a premium subscription where you will receive a figurine every 40 issues of Marty, Doc and Einstein). For more info, visit the website: https://delorean.herocollector.com/

This was meant to start in Aug 2016 but got delayed. As I was one of the early subscribers, Eaglemoss are sending me the first 3 issues early as a way of saying sorry for the delay. I have received the first 2 issues and should get the third later this month or early Jan. Im planning on building every 5 or 10 issues.

Issue 1:

20161116_131714.jpg

Issue 2:

15304225_1471318966211909_5479311090331023133_o.jpg

This is crazy. So you end up spending ~$1400 to build this thing in the end? You could snag a hot toys delorean for close to $700-$800 on ebay. Why the huge price premium for some extra lights? Isn't building it yourself supposed to be cheaper?

Its die cast for starters. Its also incredibly more detailed than the hot toys one. Its also a partworks thing and is never cheap.

I have the hot toys one and had to mod it

photostudio_1478563586243.jpg

One of the prototype pics from the Eaglemoss site:
interiors2.jpg

A screenshot from a "new" video (DeAgostini published it earlier for Japan) that shows i guess the finished car.
delo_2.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. The time circuits look nice lit up. I believe it all lights up when you turn the time circuits handle

Some pictures from the launch party posted in the facebook group. This is gonna be one hell of a model

A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg
D.jpg
E.jpg
F.jpg
G.jpg
H.jpg
I.jpg
J.jpg
K.jpg
L.jpg
M.jpg

Thanks!

I see potential for some modifications :)
But it looks really good. Very nice!

Yo Eaglemoss there is a little country in the middle of Europe with about 80 million people. At least one wants your DeLorean!

What mods were you thinking? The pics show the prototype and the version we will get to build is better and improved

The pictures on the Eaglemoss site looks clearly like a prototype. The car from the video (and from the party) looks much improved.

Are you sure that its still a prototype?

Yes. Very sure. There are videos in the facebook group where an eaglemoss guy is stating its a prototype and the one we will get is improved. We will also have all the parts needed to recreate the car seen in all 3 films. All the lights can be operated via some switches on the central column. Its also very heavy and looks to be amazing.

Yes. Very sure. There are videos in the facebook group where an eaglemoss guy is stating its a prototype and the one we will get is improved. We will also have all the parts needed to recreate the car seen in all 3 films. All the lights can be operated via some switches on the central column. Its also very heavy and looks to be amazing.

Thanks for the informations.

Just subscribed! Its just too fantastic to not get. I was going to get the Mattel Hot Wheels one which lit up etc, but they ended up cancelling it, and the hot toys one is just too big! This on the other hand is perfect!

Back