Statue Iron Studios Falcon Civil War Statue 1/10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
falcon7s.jpgstatue-falcon-iron-studios-captain-america_(8).jpgView attachment 308227View attachment 308222falcons1s.jpggreat looking piece

Attachments

• Iron-Studios-Civil-War-Falcon-Art-Scale-07.jpg
    Iron-Studios-Civil-War-Falcon-Art-Scale-07.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I just got this in hand this week, and for the scale size it's quite impressive. Just keep in mind that while the main figure and base are polystone the wings are plastic

Truthfully I myself haven't given it a second thought. Other then feeling I had to mention it here for those collectors who care about those things.

But keep in mind it didn't really surprise me when the 1/4 Spider-Man came out with plastic components as I had expected it. What I didn't expect were the seams and fitting issues.

As to the quality of the plastic I'm not too sure on how to compare. Its a fairly stiff piece of plastic with only a bit of bend towards the end of the wing. It appears to be molded in a single piece as I see no seams lines except for possibly the handles on the wings and of course the metal pin/plug for assembly.

Truthfully I myself haven't given it a second thought. Other then feeling I had to mention it here for those collectors who care about those things.

But keep in mind it didn't really surprise me when the 1/4 Spider-Man came out with plastic components as I had expected it. What I didn't expect were the seams and fitting issues.

As to the quality of the plastic I'm not too sure on how to compare. Its a fairly stiff piece of plastic with only a bit of bend towards the end of the wing. It appears to be molded in a single piece as I see no seams lines except for possibly the handles on the wings and of course the metal pin/plug for assembly.

Good to know. I can't even tell from the pics at all. Everything looks really well and glad to hear that it turned out well. I'm assuming the plastic is much lighter than the polystone to prevent long term concerns?

Good to know. I can't even tell from the pics at all. Everything looks really well and glad to hear that it turned out well. I'm assuming the plastic is much lighter than the polystone to prevent long term concerns?

Yup much lighter.

That's why I'm 50:50 that the 1/4 version may be the same.

Hey, if it still looks good, I'm cool with that. :rock

If the 1/4 Falcon has a significant amount of plastic in the design, especially the wings I'm sure there will be a flood of hate posts once again.

Though because of the hate Spidey received I do hope they limit the use of plastic in their designs, but at the same time I also understand if they have to use it.

If the 1/4 Falcon has a significant amount of plastic in the design, especially the wings I'm sure there will be a flood of hate posts once again.

Though because of the hate Spidey received I do hope they limit the use of plastic in their designs, but at the same time I also understand if they have to use it.

If it looks great and QC is there, I don't care. :lol

If it looks great and QC is there, I don't care. :lol

I care if the 1/4 Falcon and WS rifle is CHEAP brittle plastic - this Spidey review made me feel so bad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofvrnCyg22Q&t=619s

To be fair tho, apparently SSC is working with IS and some folks are getting replacement Spideys (tho maybe the base isn't being replaced).
AND much of IS figures look to be stellar w. many good reports. Even the Spidey figure itself in the review looks amazing.

I expect Falcon's wings, WS rifle, WM shoulder weapon, some bit parts to be plastic/vinyl *shrug*. Hopefully "good" plastic. IMO better that than the disappointment of brittle polystone wings that show up shattered into multiple pieces. Besides, I figure it couldn't have been fun for IS getting a call from SSC about all the returns and all the other complaints re Spiderman, so hoping IS learned to watch their QC.

I would also point out again that I had to destroy an Iron Studios Spidey, and there is actually very little plastic in the base. It's very thin resin, so it can look and feel like plastic, but it's actually not. There's only a few pieces like the surface of the stairs and the straps on the signs that were actually plastic.

I care if the 1/4 Falcon and WS rifle is CHEAP brittle plastic - this Spidey review made me feel so bad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofvrnCyg22Q&t=619s

To be fair tho, apparently SSC is working with IS and some folks are getting replacement Spideys (tho maybe the base isn't being replaced).
AND much of IS figures look to be stellar w. many good reports. Even the Spidey figure itself in the review looks amazing.

I expect Falcon's wings, WS rifle, WM shoulder weapon, some bit parts to be plastic/vinyl *shrug*. Hopefully "good" plastic. IMO better that than the disappointment of brittle polystone wings that show up shattered into multiple pieces. Besides, I figure it couldn't have been fun for IS getting a call from SSC about all the returns and all the other complaints re Spiderman, so hoping IS learned to watch their QC.

I agree. I don't want something cheap, yet still looks good. I want something that holds well, looks good, and makes me happy.

I would also point out again that I had to destroy an Iron Studios Spidey, and there is actually very little plastic in the base. It's very thin resin, so it can look and feel like plastic, but it's actually not. There's only a few pieces like the surface of the stairs and the straps on the signs that were actually plastic.

Good to know. And I know it's impossible to know what KIND of plastics/resin these companies use - it's just comforting when the plastic/vinyl etc. at least FEELS substantial and maybe has a slight elasticity. And if there's an "issue" for me, I'll just have to deal w. it, within reason. Or return a piece, if it's bothering me that much *shrug*.

For now, - love production photos. Because I'd like to think if someone is taking pictures, then someone is watching QC. Hope so, anyway.:pray:
1/10 scale:
Iron_studios_Falcon_1_10_production.jpg

1/4 scale:

Iron_studios_Black_Panther_head.jpg

Iron_studios_Falcon_production_1_4.jpg

Iron_studios_Falcon_prodcuction.jpg

LOL makes me want to get the card out and buy both Falcons, RIGHT NOW$$$$:cool:

Lol yeah ... these pics make me wanna get both Falcon and BP ... XD

Oh, I'd LOVE to get this BP. Love the design. But w. low edition and having Cap/WS as priorities, think I am sunk already re getting this BP.:(

:(
Did someone mention the ES previously?

SSC has Black Panther w. edition of 470.:(

Which isn't great for someone like me who might be able to get him later in the year$$$$ if there are any left:huh

The rest seemed to be described as "limited edition". Maybe IS is wary of listing edition sizes, after (apparently) fuss over releasing more Ultron Caps than first stated. Still, I think only about 600 Ultron Caps were ever made, so don't think any of these will be HUGE editions.

I'm one of those folks who don't care re editions, as long as I get a great statue. Something this expensive for me is "permanent art" (unless an emergency:horror).

Back