1/6 Hot Toys Iron Man Basic Weathering and Battle Damage, STEPS 1-4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
This video is about Basic weathering and battle damage,

STEP 1, PAINT CHIPPING. This will be a multipart series on how I customize my battle damaged figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Basic weathering and battle damaging, STEP 1, PAINT CHIPPING

Liked and subbed. I appreciate you going through every small step and covering materials well, I think alot of instructional videos forget that some people don't understand the basics. Any recommendations for starting skill projects, not going to have my first attempt on a quarter scale HT obviously. :lol

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Basic weathering and battle damaging, STEP 1, PAINT CHIPPING

Thanks for posting this Jazz :duff

I have admired your paintwork and customs since I joined the board and I really appreciate you doing tutorials on how your process works, fantastic :clap Thanks so much

Great video! Excited to see the entire series.

Great job Jazz. Nice tutorial :clap

Thanks guys!! I am really looking forward to making more videos for you. It might take a while, but I will keep plugging away.

Liked and subbed. I appreciate you going through every small step and covering materials well, I think alot of instructional videos forget that some people don't understand the basics. Any recommendations for starting skill projects, not going to have my first attempt on a quarter scale HT obviously. :lol

Well, Either start on some spare pieces you have lying around or get one of the very unpopular Iron Man figures for a song and start on those.

How about a tutorial on the light up helmet? :lol

j/k Verrrry cool. Think I caught a glimpse, but still not sure how you pulled that off. Would same technique be do-able with 1/6 scale? (guessing you need more space between head sculpt and mask)

Hot Toys Iron Man Basic weathering and battle damaging, STEP 1, PAINT CHIPPING

How about a tutorial on the light up helmet? :lol

j/k Verrrry cool. Think I caught a glimpse, but still not sure how you pulled that off. Would same technique be do-able with 1/6 scale? (guessing you need more space between head sculpt and mask)

If I ever decide to go that far in the next few weeks or months as soon as the head sculpt is available in January, I will definitely be doing a video on that as well.

You may teach HT something :) :)

:) I used to follow an effects forum, when Adobe After Effects etc hit big: a guy who did great work with tutorials on DIY light saber effects (had a big following)....well he got a job at Lucas Arts. Was pretty cool. His name was Ryan.

Never know ;)

And I recall seeing an Anime Simpsons illustration which got the artist a job drawing with the show, so it does happen.

There's plenty of photographers here(Spangles, One six Shooter, Bransen, Qui Gon Fishing) who have the talent and skill to be professional bloggers like Jingobell and all the rest. Alas I think Hot Toys specifically looks for talent in Asia since it's their main market but I can't say for certain. The same can happen to the brilliant sculptors and painters here. JazzInc's battle damaged customs are THE best customs I have seen on this forum in terms of paintwork, detail and weathering :lecture

Dang, I wish I had skills like this.

I really wanna repaint my HT robocop but haven't the foggiest on where I would even begin.

Hot Toys Iron Man Basic weathering and battle damaging, STEP 1, PAINT CHIPPING

Dang, I wish I had skills like this.

I really wanna repaint my HT robocop but haven't the foggiest on where I would even begin.

Well, this would work equally well on Robocop. So just follow my steps

Basic weathering and battle damage, STEP 2, DRY BRUSHING & POWDERS

This thread is about Basic weathering and battle damage,STEP 2, DRY BRUSHING & POWDERS. This will be a multipart series on how I customize my battle damaged figures:

Please give me all feedback you can for video 3.

Last edited:
Back