PF Scale TOD Indy - complete refurbish..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
First off... my apologies to those who have PM'ed me in recent weeks... Some time ago I started this project for an old friend here on the board.. Been clearing out some of my collection as work and general home life had pretty much consumed most of my free time.. I had offered up my PF TOD Indy for sale and an offer was made.. which came with an additional request for me to just touch up the paint.. Other than one of my custom belt rigs and custom bag I had not done anything to this statue.. There was an additional request to alter the hand to replace the factory sword with a custom made 1/4 scale whip crafted by none other than THE Joe Strain... I was initially reluctant.. as time was a scarcity.. But.. I was interested in seeing the possible outcome.. SO I accepted and the project ended up taking close to two months.. What started as just a hand rework and a paint "touch up" ended up with me completely stripping the factory paint with acetone and starting all the way over.. I just was not pleased with the factory paint at all.. And just like with any factory paint, once stripped, there were a myriad of fine details hiding underneath the thick factory paint which surface under a repaint with oils.. The hand was dremeled down and a real cloth hand wrap was fashioned from scrap cloth... The belt, holster, bag and bag strap are all custom made.. And of course the Strain whip is a remarkable beauty.. So here is the refinished PF TOD Indy...

As for requests for custom gear.. I have been tied up with this.. and afterwards I took somewhat of a hiatus.. Was just burnt out on custom work.. I may work up a small batch of gear and sell it as I make it as opposed to taking open orders.. Simply due to time constraints and realistically knowing that a 3 week turn around may not be feasible at times... I am still considering selling off my custom Jock the pilot vignette as well.. Just clearing out shelf space due to shifting interests.. Really want to work on some of my 007 customs I have had planned for years.. Time will tell.. Anyhow.. Hope you enjoy the Indy here !

Very nice, how cool is that whip!
This is the best indy pf to date, praying for a LC to complete the trilogy. (Hopefully with indy 5 we'll see this happen

Wow, Mike, the leatherwork just pushes the limits of this statue's coolness! I wish I had gotten it myself, as well as the Mola Ram PF.

Back