Media MARVEL VS CAPCOM 4: INFINITE (yes ... it's confirmed!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rulk

Super Freak
Reaction score

**** Ya!

I knew it!

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/11/28/rumor-marvel-vs-capcom-4-coming-in-2017

By Jonathon Dornbush Marvel Vs. Capcom 4 is reportedly in development and planned for a 2017 release.

Sources tell Polygon that a fourth main entry in the fighting game franchise will launch sometime next year after being unveiled to coincide with The PlayStation Experience 2016.

According to Polygon's report, the game's stable of Marvel fighters will pull heavily from characters featured prominently in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, foregoing X-Men mainstays of the series like Wolverine and Magneto. Instead, the report suggests characters like Ant-Man and Groot would more likely be considered for the roster of fighters to line up with Marvel's film output.

X-Men characters have been part of the franchise's DNA since its start, including Marvel Vs. Capcom's predecessor, X-Men Vs. Street Fighter.

When reached for comment, a representative for Capcom said "Capcom does not comment on rumors or speculation."

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds first released in 2011, with Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 following shortly after that year. More than a decade separated it and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. A compilation title Marvel Vs. Capcom: Origins was released in 2012 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, however that game, along with previous entries in the franchise, were pulled from those consoles' digital stores in 2014.

A new Marvel Vs. Capcom game would fit along with the trend in a rise of Marvel-focused video games since Disney announced it would no longer be self-publishing games based on its owned licenses. A Spider-Man game for PS4 is in development at Insomniac Games, while Telltale Games also has a partnership with Marvel, which may result in a Guardians of the Galaxy-based game.

Re: Marvel VS Capcom 4

There was a teaser image out there that proved to be a fake as well. I'll remain optimistically skeptical ;)

However, IF these sources are correct then that would mean that the classic team Storm, Magneto & Mango Sentinel are all out due to the usual movie studio legal stuff.

Can't wait for more "pay to unlock on-disk DLCs".
Don't disappoint me now, CRAPCOM!

According to Polygon's report, the game's stable of Marvel fighters will pull heavily from characters featured prominently in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, foregoing X-Men mainstays of the series like Wolverine and Magneto. Instead, the report suggests characters like Ant-Man and Groot would more likely be considered for the roster of fighters to line up with Marvel's film output.

1038.gif

Pretty much. I think the Street Fighter series has been a dumpster fire for years now, and this will follow suit.

Pretty much. I think the Street Fighter series has been a dumpster fire for years now, and this will follow suit.

SFV looks pretty good, but I haven't tried it yet. I might try it out if I see it at my local library.

SFV looks pretty good, but I haven't tried it yet. I might try it out if I see it at my local library.

I kinda forced myself to try and like SFIV, but just couldn't. I really, really hate the art direction they've gone with the series and I'm not even bothering with V with all the horrible design choices for the old school characters.

I kinda forced myself to try and like SFIV, but just couldn't. I really, really hate the art direction they've gone with the series and I'm not even bothering with V with all the horrible design choices for the old school characters.

Mall Cop Guile is cool tho, and the designs for the new characters are nice.

Ken's design seems to be the one that strays from the original most, but I like that he isn't just red Ryu with long hair.

Last edited:

if this turns out to be a rumor Ill be completely devastated.. I love this series and its frustrating that Capcom and Marvel dont see eye to eye. This needs to happen like yesterday...

My dream team list:

Dream List:
Captain Marvel
Ms Marvel
Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Hawkeye
Thor / Lady Thor
Thanos
Dormammu
Taskmaster
Doom
MODOK
Ant-Man / Giant Man
Gamora
Angela
Rocket Racoon
Nova
Dr Strange
Ghost Rider
Punisher
Daredevil
Deadpool
Wolverine
X-23
Storm
Magneto
Phoenix
Luke Cage
Groot
Black Panther
Spider-Man
Iron Fist
She-Hulk

Capcom:
Frank West
Nemesis
Wesker
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Phoenix Wright
Strider Hiryu
Dante
Vergil
Akuma
Amaterasu
Arthur
Chun-Li
Ryu
Felicia
Mike Haggar
Morrigan
Nathan Spencer
Trish
Tron Bonne
Viewtiful Joe
Zero

MEGAMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DLC packs for

Psylocke, Colossus, Iceman, Gambit, Rogue Cable
Venom, Doc Ock, Electro, Vulture, Sandman, Mysterio

i hope they make it cellshaded this time like Dragonball.

Back