March Madness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know we have a few sports fans here so I was wondering who you all will be rooting for over the next few weeks.

I will personaly be bleeding Tar Heel blue for the next month :D

DAMN F'ING STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TARHEELS, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rock :rock :rock :rock :woo

ABOS... anybody but ohio state .... could somebody explain to me how Ohio ends up in the Southern bracket while Florida ends up in the Midwest with both as top seeds? Last time I looked at a USA map Ohio was smack dab right in the heart of the midwest while you cannot get any more south then Florida is. I would really like to see this years version of George Mason go all the way and pull the upset. But that will not likely happen.

Darth Loki said:
I know we have a few sports fans here so I was wondering who you all will be rooting for over the next few weeks.

I will personaly be bleeding Tar Heel blue for the next month :D

I bleed Tar Heel blue all year long. That's my team baby!!

florida-gators.gif

:rock:rock:rock:rock

Hopefully lighting strikes twice.... :monkey3

Nice to see we have a bunch of Heels fans here. Should be a fun few weeks as we watch our team march to victory (pun intended).

Darth Loki said:
Nice to see we have a bunch of Heels fans here. Should be a fun few weeks as we watch our team march to victory (pun intended).

Yeah, with all the disrespect we've gotten the last few days. I hope UNC breaks it off in all their asses.

1HAPPYBOY said:
With all the Tarhell fans chiming in, I feel I should duck when I say GO VA Tech Hokies !! LOL
oh I work with a Hokie alum :monkey4 :lol
she's pretty cool about it though. So I dont hold it against her.

The only thing close to watching the Tar Heels win, is watching Duke lose. Oh what a glorious day :D

OMG... you have no idea how much pleasure I am having in Duke loosing. That will teach some people of bashing my Patriots when we were watching the game at their house. What goes around comes around. :D

Bye bye Duke :D

Serious question here for those of you from North Carolina. I have been a college basketball fan for forty years here in Michigan. I have cheered for NC State when they had David Thompson and have cheered for North Carolina for many team they have had. I have enjoyed many teams that Duke has fielded and still remember that great shot by Mike Giminski fondly. Their coach is one class act and runs a very clean program. So I have very positive feelings to teams from your state.

What is the basis of Duke hating? Is it mere rivalry or is there some real background to it that can be explained to an outsider. Having a young Duke team leave the tourney in the first round leaves the tournament without one of its premier names. I was not happy to see that.

For what it is worth, i expect NC to go at least to the final four. Excellent team, very well coached.

Fight on SC Trojans, baby! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah.. we may be lucky to get out the first round... but hey... give me my five minutes would ya. Nobody would be laughing if this was football talk.

I'm not really rooting for anyone since the UW Huskies and New Mexico (where I went to school) didn't make it.. but I have only missed 3 games so far.

gideon said:
Serious question here for those of you from North Carolina. I have been a college basketball fan for forty years here in Michigan. I have cheered for NC State when they had David Thompson and have cheered for North Carolina for many team they have had. I have enjoyed many teams that Duke has fielded and still remember that great shot by Mike Giminski fondly. Their coach is one class act and runs a very clean program. So I have very positive feelings to teams from your state.

What is the basis of Duke hating? Is it mere rivalry or is there some real background to it that can be explained to an outsider. Having a young Duke team leave the tourney in the first round leaves the tournament without one of its premier names. I was not happy to see that.

For what it is worth, i expect NC to go at least to the final four. Excellent team, very well coached.
its just the heated rivalry between the 2 thats pretty much been going on forever. Almost like tradition.
ESPN has even called UNC/Duke basketball the biggest Rivarly in all of sports.
I think UNC and Duke fans both enjoy not liking each other. Its pretty mutual between the hardcore long-time fans. Some of my best friends are Duke fanatics as much as Im a UNC fanatic and we all LOVE giving each other hell.

then there are other things.
Duke's fans are some of the most annoying obnoxious ever. Just watch a Duke home game and you'll see what Im talking about. more power to their gusto for their team, but they take nerdy entheusiasm to a new level.
Duke's coach. The guys one of the best ever in colleg basketball, but he can also be very arrogant at times.
EX: just yesterday when he was questioned about many picking them to be the underdog against VCU he said "As long as Im coaching at Duke, no matter what team I have, we'e not an underdog":rolleyes: .. and that comment was pointed out to me by a Duke fanatic I work with. She was disapointed at his arragance moreso than I.

but overall, its just fun and games.

Back