1/6 Daryl Dixon inspired bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brundledonk

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this but in the end thought that the horror section was probably the best fit for it.

I've been working on this off an on as a bit of a side project and also as a test bed for a future build I have planned where I will use a Tamiya 1/6 Honda kit as a base to make a screen accurate Daryl bike.

This is what I started with, it's a die cast BMW R1200 by New Ray

Took a saw to the rear fender

And sanded the edges smooth

Changes the look of the rear end quite a bit and takes the "heavy" look away a little bit

I swapped the front end with one from a 1/6 MotoGP kit as the BMW one is very unconventional and this will help it look a little more like Daryl's, and also swapped the front fender too and raised it a little bit

Primed the seat in grey then shaded in black

Layed on top coats in a red brown colour but allowed the shading to show through a little

Gave it a little bit of detail painting and some dark wash

shined up and finished

Rear seat/back rest got the same treatment

Started adding rust to give it a rat bike look

Front fender also got some

Slowly building up the effect on the tank and also have sprayed the frame black ( in the background )

Painted and weathered the motor, drive shaft, rear brake etc and also wrapped the pipes

Wasn't sure whether to paint the alloy piece in front of the tank or not but in the end I took a file to the plated finish to add some wear and try and make the look fit in with the tank

I used clear orange over gold to get the anodised effect on the front end ( really pleased with how this came out )

Loving the detail work you're putting into this. The distressing and the rust is top notch. :clap

Thanks mate,

It's a little heavy to what you see on the bike on the show but I just wanted out a few different paints and techniques before I commit to the proper replica one in the new year

Pete

swapped out the wire wheels for some spoked ones.

Killed the shine on the tyres and removed the R1200 badges from the tank ( just didn't look right )
I still need to add some weathering, tidy the wiring and finish some detail painting here and there

I'll get it finished this week and see if I can take some decent pics with a figure to give it a sense of scale

Cheers

Pete

sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread, I haven't been very active on the boards of late.

Thanks for the kind comments they are much appreciated :)

I've had some PMs regarding commission builds and prices. I do build things for others and obviously costs are dependent on what I would be building but to give and idea if someone wanted something like the bike above it would be £100 plus the cost of the kit.

I'm always up for build so please let me know if there's anything you want. I can post some pics of my work if you want ( if it's not too off topic )but it's not going to be horror related or even 1/6 but it will give you an idea of my work

I have done some 1/6 work in collaboration with Jason ( Scratchbuilder ) and I'm currently over in the Star Wars custom section painting Death Star swing bridge dioramas

Pete

Back