DISNEY STORE ELITE SERIES PREMIUM FIGURES: CLOTHED 11-12" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintpot

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if there is a thread for this, i've looked, if there is though please delete or merge :)

Star-Wars-Elite-Series-Premium-Rey-001.jpg

Star-Wars-Elite-Series-Premium-Rey-002.jpg

Star-Wars-Elite-Series-Premium-Rey-004.jpg

Star-Wars-Elite-Series-Premium-Kylo-Ren-004.jpg

Star-Wars-Elite-Series-Premium-Kylo-Ren-002.jpg

Star-Wars-Elite-Series-Premium-Kylo-Ren-001.jpg

Star-Wars-Elite-Premium-Darth-Vader.jpg

Star-Wars-Elite-Premium-Death-Trooper.jpg

Star-Wars-Elite-Premium-Director-Orson-Krennic.jpg

Star-Wars-Elite-Premium-Princess-Leia.jpg

These could be great for budget customs, toyfiend on instagram has already made a great looking rey with the disney one
https://www.instagram.com/p/BM5WIeeDUrf/

Re: DISNEY STORE ELITE SERIES PREMIUM FIGURES: CLOTHED 11-12" Figures for customs?

They screwed up and accidentally made Krennic's figure after the likeness of his stunt double

Re: DISNEY STORE ELITE SERIES PREMIUM FIGURES: CLOTHED 11-12" Figures for customs?

If I had known these were coming, I might not have bought the HT Death Trooper already

I am highly impressed with my Rey. Only $45 CAD?! What a steal! The pictures don't do it justice. She just feels really good in hand and has fantastic articulation. All the important accessories are there. So awesome, especially when displayed with the Sphero BB-8.
de6d19cb4b7b6b6a1b46e94e8ea2ab9c.jpg
e71343d39c620523b5da5e3318a82704.jpg
38a30c952efacb27bf90a1ae77937fcb.jpg
185258d5b005d33ad95b27cdd1dfb2e9.jpg
8326b4bb8976db13e1b1e007fdf69870.jpg

HOWEVER, I already ordered a knock off Hot Toys body and Rey head. ;) I'll share the final results of my custom when it is complete.

Definitely going to try and get that Kylo Ren and Darth Vader. I'll pass on Leia unless they make Luke and Han. I've already ruled out Rogue One figures as I'm only sticking to figures from the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy. Gotta draw the line somewhere. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am highly impressed with my Rey. Only $45 CAD?! What a steal! The pictures don't do it justice. She just feels really good in hand and has fantastic articulation. All the important accessories are there. So awesome, especially when displayed with the Sphero BB-8.
de6d19cb4b7b6b6a1b46e94e8ea2ab9c.jpg
e71343d39c620523b5da5e3318a82704.jpg
38a30c952efacb27bf90a1ae77937fcb.jpg
185258d5b005d33ad95b27cdd1dfb2e9.jpg
8326b4bb8976db13e1b1e007fdf69870.jpg

HOWEVER, I already ordered a knock off Hot Toys body and Rey head. ;) I'll share the final results of my custom when it is complete.

Definitely going to try and get that Kylo Ren and Darth Vader. I'll pass on Leia unless they make Luke and Han. I've already ruled out Rogue One figures as I'm only sticking to figures from the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy. Gotta draw the line somewhere. [emoji12]

Saw your post on Reddit, it's partially what made me think there should be a thread on this [emoji1] looking forwards to the result

Btw that bb8 doesn't come with her right? Hasbro?

According to reports they're all going to be under scale as they're listed at an average of 11".

Rey is supposedly 24cm (under 9 1/2") which would make her less than 4' 9".

So even the clothes for these characters probably won't be any use if you tried to put them on better scaled bodies.

Sub 1/6 presumably so they don't step on the toes of other license holders.
There are pics on that insta link I added showing the clothes on a hot toys body with a ko rey head, looks pretty nice

Saw your post on Reddit, it's partially what made me think there should be a thread on this [emoji1] looking forwards to the result

Btw that bb8 doesn't come with her right? Hasbro?

Oh awesome! r/actionfigures is a great place. [emoji1]

BB-8 does not come with her. It's the Sphero one. I would have never bought it for the price at the time but it was a gift. He's pretty awesome but sadly I was stupid and took him outside once. He got a couple marks and scratches from that journey....

According to reports they're all going to be under scale as they're listed at an average of 11".

So even the clothes for these characters probably won't be any use if you tried to put them on better scaled bodies.

Yeah, really hard to make any judgement on these until someone posts a pic of these figs next to regular SSC, HT scale figures.

Scale is a tricky thing - Gentle Giant busts are supposed to be 1/6 but I find they are consistently closer to 1/7 scale, so the heads, helmets or armor etc from the bust is a little too small for use in 1/6.

Hope some of these can work for 1/6 customs though.

I thought about that, but @toyfiend on Instagram already did it. He's the one that gave me the idea. After seeing how his turned out I pulled the trigger on this. I think it really works.

Here's his custom: https://www.instagram.com/p/BM5WIeeDUrf/

Rey doesn't look terrible, but you can't beat Hot Toys. I may pick up a few others in the line, Vader is pretty much a definite at this point, but I don't really need Rey.

DISNEY STORE ELITE SERIES PREMIUM FIGURES: CLOTHED 11-12" Figures for customs?

Rey doesn't look terrible, but you can't beat Hot Toys. I may pick up a few others in the line, Vader is pretty much a definite at this point, but I don't really need Rey.

Hot Toys is obviously superior in almost every way, but it's also like 7X the price. :p

I briefly considered making Rey and BB-8 my first Hot Toys, but I just couldn't do it. That's a lot of money for me, especially for a single figure.

This is a great alternative for me, especially after I mod it with a knock off HTs head and body. :)

I actually think Reylooks terrible. Looks like a totally different person. All of these human elite figs have terrible face sculpts.

The custom is surprising in that the clothes fit, as the height of 24cm comes direct from the Disney Store page.

Even so, add the cost of a body and knock off head and she starts becoming an expensive sub-par figure. In that video I noticed her boots have a toe joint in them.

There comes a point where it isn't viable throwing money at a project that you might as well spend on the real thing.
It cost him less than $100 apparently, so that's pretty nice

That's a $100 that could've gone towards a HT.

I've been doing the math:

£29.99 figure plus delivery
£22.99 head
£15-20 body
£2 stand
£28 boots (cheapest on Ebay)

That would end up over £100, then I'd want to replace the belt, and so on.

For me these won't be viable alternatives, even though the opportunity and price are initially attractive.
For people who aren't willing to spend the ht prices it's pretty good though. It looks decent enough for $200 less, especially once someone weathers the clothes.

That's a $100 that could've gone towards a HT.

I've been doing the math:

£29.99 figure plus delivery
£22.99 head
£15-20 body
£2 stand
£28 boots (cheapest on Ebay)

That would end up over £100, then I'd want to replace the belt, and so on.

For me these won't be viable alternatives, even though the opportunity and price are initially attractive.

You've got a good point, but for me this custom works out to a little under 1/3 of the Hot Toys price. I'm keeping the stock boots for now, and won't be getting a stand.

I mean again, I would really love the real deal but I don't think I can justify over $300 Canadian dollars for a single 1/6 figure.

There was a time when I was happy with the £19.99 12" Kenner figures.

Then I saw the 1/6 Sideshow.

And then HT...

I found some of the boxed Kenners in the attic a few weeks ago, including a couple of those hideous Boba Fetts with the tiny heads. I'm amazed I found customers for them at £20. Even a penny profit twenty years later!

I like a bargain, but I'm mindful of what I'm getting for my money. The best bargains now are in the bootlegs, which have improved in quality no end. A bootleg complete Kylo was teased a while back but never materialised. Surprising because the bootleg farm boy Luke set is still available.
Woah, bootleg kylo? Do you have a link to that tease?

Not any more.

OneSixthKit showed it on his Facebook, and then removed it with the view that it was too hot to handle.

He pretty much looked like the HT figure, and may re-appear at some point in the future.
Sounds kinda cool

I can't find a trace of it on the net, and I didn't save any photos, but I'm pretty sure he had the word 'Samurai' in his name.

Yeah, I saw that one. Had never seen that before - basically, they had bootlegged the entire HT Luke figure.

The one major issue is that all those "custom" HT knock-off heads on eBay are slightly undersized.

Stuff like this is always fun, you never know what may come out of it, like a droid or alien that HT or SS will never do.

Plus if the line is popular they'll do vehicles for a 'wow' exclusive. The Hasbro speeder bike, Tauntaun and dewback still look great with a bit of work. I could see Rey's speeder or a space horse getting made eventually or Luke's land speeder.

Back