Greetings!! Hot Toy Collector here!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgphil01

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Good afternoon!

I've posted a few times already on here in the last week or two since I've joined the forums but just saw this thread so figured I'd say hello. I got back into comic reading/collecting about 2 years ago and at that time started collecting figures from Diamond Select mainly the Marvel line with a focus on Spider-Man characters. I also started picking up any Batman figure I could from DC Collectables as well. It wasn't until last year that I picked up my first Hot Toy. I had been looking at Hot Toys for a few months but never pulled the trigger on any of them. I was on my way to an out of town Comic Con and told my wife that if I could find the Batman Returns figure for around MSRP I would probably purchase it since that is my favorite Bat movie and Bat suit. Of course the first vendor I walked into had it at MSRP so it had to be "fate" right!? haha so that's how the slippery slope started for me. Just in 10 months from buying that first I now have 3 HT's (Batman Returns Keaton, Civil War Cap, and BvS Affleck Batman) on my shelf and two (Black Chrome Armored Batman and Kylo Ren) that are getting delivered this week. To keep my collecting somewhat under control I'm mainly focusing on the main batman figures from here on out with a few of my favorite Marvel and Star Wars characters sprinkled in! I also collect original comic art. Pretty much every con I go to I spend 90% of my time in artist alley getting sketches! My holy grail pieces so far are a Jason Fabok Batman Bust and a Steve McNiven "Battle Damaged" Captain America profile! I have been really enjoying the forums so far and look forward to some good conversations about these pieces of art!

I also "try" to do figure reviews so if you guys have any interest you can check out my reviews here!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZJAyEzcPa4yjtrVKg6pmg

Also my other passion is Hockey so if there are any hockey fans out there let me know! Lets go Bluejackets!!!

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, kgphil01!
wavesmile.gif

Hey I just got into Hot Toys as well. I have my first figure, a BvS Regular Batman, on its way. Also a big hockey fan (from Canada) haha

Hey I just got into Hot Toys as well. I have my first figure, a BvS Regular Batman, on its way. Also a big hockey fan (from Canada) haha

That's an amazing figure to start with!! So far that is my favorite figure of 2016! Still have a couple coming for Christmas though!!

Back